Chapter 13| Gregory

"I'm aware I've said it a million times," I begin, tapping my foot against the chair Christophe is sat on. He swivels around, paying attention to me. "But Pip is really acting different."

"You 'ave said it a million times." Christophe rolls his eyes, but I can read his emotions. Just like me, he's concerned. "But I agree with you. 'E is acting strange. I cannot be ze only one who saw what 'appened with 'is eye."

"You aren't Chris." He glares at me for shortening his name and I beam at him. "One was the normal blue I've come to adore,"

Christophe cuts me off. "Fag."

I chuckle. "I'm aware I'm a bundle of sticks, you don't need to remind me. Anyway, let's not go off topic and discuss sticks. The other was red."

The brunette nods. "A shocking, crimson rouge."

"I don't believe that it's possible for someone's eye to change colour like that." I contemplate, aware that I've studied what the human body is capable of enough to know this doesn't just happen. "There has to be something behind it. Some sort of disease?"

"Non." Christophe states, arms crossed and eyes clouded with thought. "Not a disease. A demon."

A demon? This is the explanation Christophe comes up with?

To be completely honest, I shouldn't be surprised. I've been best friends with Christophe (even if he hates to admit it) since we were eight and met due to the silly 'La Resistance' organisation Stan and his friends made. I know him, inside and out. It's really no far fetched for him to come up with an idea such as this, but it's still a lot to wrap my head around.

How could a demon get to Pip?

"Christophe," I begin, my voice gentle. "I am aware where you stand when it comes to God, but really? A demon?"

"Oui." He says simply, standing up from the office chair and sitting beside me on his bed. "You'll probably assault me for zis."

I raise an eyebrow as Christophe puts a hand on my shoulder. "If you do attempt to 'it me, I will 'ave to use brute force against you."

"I'm not going to hit you." I assure him, and he sighs in relief, taking his hand from my shoulder.

"Thank fuck. Zis was getting too gay for me."

"Oh ha ha." I shake my head, and Christophe grins at me. "Anyway, tell me why you think Pip has a demon."

"Well..." he trails off, then speaks up again. "I knew you would never play with a Ouija Board, and I didn't want to do it alone. I zen realised I have no other copains, so I invited Pip as he 'ad been attempting to befriend me."

"Christophe," I begin with a sigh. "You invited Pip to use a Ouija Board with you?"

"Oui." He smiles sheepishly, and I shake my head. "We did actually make contact, and zis is why I zink he is possessed."

I sigh once more. "Well, we cannot attempt to 'exorcise' Pip until we have real proof."

"Zat will be easy." Christophe stands from his bed, stretching. "All we 'ave to do is see how 'e reacts to your stupid cross." He jabs at my chest where the cross lays, and I brush his hand away.

"You're suggesting we press the cross against his skin?"

Chris' eyes light up at my suggestion.

"Non." He laughs. "But now I'm suggesting it. I thought we'd just dangle the cross near 'is face."

"Can we do that instead?" I ask, hopeful. Christophe shakes his head.

"Nope!" He claps his eyes together, an exited glint in his eyes. "This way is better! Tomorrow, I will 'ave to wear a dreaded cross and get close to Pip."