Chapter 8

I fell onto my bed, my hair flying and my bookbag falling to the side of my bed, banging on the wood. I closed my eyes thinking about Dominic and Christopher. Both had caught my eye today. Yet only Dominic had made me warm inside and out. I wondered if there was a thing as soul mates or true love, but I didn't want to call my emotions toward Dominic love yet. It was too early to be thinking that. Besides he may not even like me. I mean I was lucky just getting Christopher to like me without even trying so hard. 

I tried saying Dominic's name on my head and then aloud, hearing what it may sound like. Dominic's name rolled off my tongue so simply and I felt an emotion I hadn't felt before swell within me. From a silent whim, somewhere inside me, I said his last name and my first name together. It sounded sweet together and almost perfect to my ears.

Suddenly I wanted to know more about Dominic and what he was all about. I rolled over to my side and then thought back over. I'm supposed to be going out with Christopher, so I can't talk with Dominic a lot can I? I sighed and tried to debate in my head about the two guys. Which was cuter? Friendlier? Who did I know more about? None of them.

I opened my eyes and got up. I walked over to my bag and pulled out my MP3. I turned it on and raised to music to the highest, blocking all my thoughts until I could get a straight answer into my head. I pulled out my books and homework and started writing down math problems. Maybe I could answer my "love life" with math equations. I sighed again and put the thoughts of boys to the back of my head and worked diligently on the worksheet. 

That night as I brushed my teeth and later combed my hair, I thought slightly about tomorrow. I hope that maybe Dominic would talk to me more, so I can find out more, yet I also wanted the same from Christopher. I told myself to relax and just go with the flow.

You never know what will happen if you let life just take its course.