Chapter 8

**Ali's POV**

I walked into class with Seth remaining right by my side. I couldn't help but think of his reaction to me grabbing his hand and what Chase had said. Chase couldn't be right. It's just because Seth and I have been friends for so long. I'm not his type of girl.

"Whatcha thinking so hard about?" I blinked and snapped out of my trance as I looked at a curious Seth.

"Nothing. Just thinking of how we should sit with Chase so he doesn't have to sit next to someone he doesn't know." Seth rolled his eyes, and I'm sure if he had done so any harder I would have been able to hear it. I went and sat at the table in the back before anyone else could, especially since Jacob wasn't here yet. Seth reluctantly followed and sat next to me.

Many students filled in the class before Chase, and I waved him over, of course not without a groan from Seth. I elbowed him in the side and gave Chase a smile as he walked over with a concerned look on his face as he sat next to me.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened at the party and-"

"Yes I'm okay," I gave a small, breathy laugh as he took a deep breath. "I wanted to say I appreciate you stopping by the other day. It meant a lot to me that you came to see how I was, especially when you didn't have to."

"Of course I did. Had to make sure my new best friend was okay." At the end of Chase's statement I heard a growl-like sound from Seth, whom I quickly turned to.

"What was that?" I questioned, eyebrows raised.

"Nothing." Seth grumbled under his breath as he turned to do his work.

The rest of class was eerily silent, neither Seth nor Chase breathing a word to me until the bell rang.

"Ready to walk to English, Al?" Chase invited as he placed his books in his backpack.

"Yes! Let's all go together." Seth smirked as he picked up my book for me.

"Um, guys i-" My statement was cut off as both Chase and Seth stepped closer to me, breaking my personal space.

"I don't believe I was speaking to you, Seth." Chase narrowed his eyes.

"Well, I'm her best friend, and we always walk together." Seth narrowed his eyes right back as they both continued leaning forward.

"Guys!" I immediately shoved both off me, catching them by surprise due to their intense focus on each other. "Put your genitalia away. This is not that kind of disagreement." I huffed with annoyance.  They both opened their mouths to intervene. "Op! I don't wanna hear it. I'm walking to class by myself." I took my book out of Seth's hand and walked out of the classroom, leaving both boys there in astonishment.

**

I said no words to either of them in English. But I wished Seth would've talked to me. Miss Woodly gave us silent work, but of course that means talking. Through out class I heard whispers about me.

"Did you hear what happened to that slut at Jacob's party? She was begging for it but Seth intervened from jealousy."

"I heard Seth beat the shit out of him cause she asked for a threesome and he didn't like that."

"I bet she gave him an STD."

I tried to keep my head down and ignore it all. I really tried. I looked up discreetly at Seth to see to my disappointment that he had his earbuds in and the rest of the world was blocked out. Same for Chase.

A hand tapped my shoulder and I tensed, turning around slowly, only to face Lola. "So what was it huh slut? You took a look at Jacob's d*ck and it wasn't as good as Seth's so you started screaming for him? Asked for a threesome? No matter what the situation," she lowered her voice for the ending of this, "you're gonna pay for what your boyfriend did to Jacob's face, and know that you deserve it, slut." She smirked as she and her friends sat back and laughed.

Tears welled my eyes as I quickly got up and sprinted out of the room, hearing the class's laughter, and Miss Woodly telling me to take the pass, behind me.

**Seth's POV**

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, and looked up to see a crying Ali running out of the room. I immediately ripped the earbuds out of my ears and turned angrily to the one who was laughing the most. Lola. I rose angrily and sped towards her desk, her laughter ceasing.

"What the hell did you say to her?" I demanded.

"Nothing." Lola chuckled and fiend innocence.

"What the hell did you say to her?!" I demanded again, my anger rising.

"Seth, you will calm down this instance or go to the principals office!" I heard Miss Woodly behind me.

I ignored her as I stormed out of the room, hoping to find Ali.

------------------------------------
Hey everyone. I'm back again. I know. I've made promises of updating that I've broken. Said I'm back and disappeared. But can I be real with you guys for a second? Of course I can. If you're reading this it means you're loyal to my writing. Life sucks for me right now. It's really really hard for me. It's a struggle and an uphill battle for me to get through day to day sometimes. I lay in bed writing in the middle of the night, scared to death that whatever I publish you guys will hate. Or you'll yell at me for not publishing soon enough. I know it sounds crazy but both have happened. You guys just don't see the comments cause they get blocked due to their foul language. To those of you who are still reading this, thank you. I mean it. Your support means more than the world to me. I'm not gonna name names, but to people who commented really supporting things for me to encourage my writing, this is for you guys. Thank you. Thank you for your patience and support and love.

All my love,
The author of this story who can't do annual updates. 💕