🦇🦇🦇

In the few weeks since the Yule Ball, Ginny had seen Michael Corner quite frequently. Wether it was the halls, or at meals, they just kept running into each other. So it came as no surprise when they chanced to meet in Hogsmeade one weekend.

Ginny was looking at some shelves of candy when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

Ginny whirled around to find Michael grinning at her.

"Hey," he said.

"Oh, hi," said Ginny, "What're you doing here?"

"Same as you," said Michael with a shrug, "Just hanging out with my friends - unless that's not why your here. I mean for all I know you could be on a date or . . . "

Michael had his hands in his pockets and was looking at her expectantly from beneath questioning eyebrows.

"Nope, just here with friends," said Ginny.

And precisely at that moment Colin called to Ginny from across the shop.

"Ginny, come on! We're leaving!"

Him and the others were by the door.

"Oh, and that's them," said Ginny, "I guess we're leaving. Feel free to come if you'd like."

"Really?" asked Michael.

"Sure, why not?" said Ginny, "Your friends are allowed to come as well, wherever they are."

Ginny had made the acquaintance of Michaels good friends Terry Boot and Anthony Goldstein only a few days ago. They were both very nice.

"Eh, they probably don't want to," said Michael. "I'll just tag along."

"Alright," said Ginny with a shrug.

And the two set off after the rest of Ginny's friends. Ginny was quite glad Michael tagged along. She enjoyed talking to him. He was very smart, and had a lot of passion for quidditch, despite the fact that he didn't play.

Ginny hung back from her group of friends unintentionally, talking avidly with Michael all the way through the village and up to the castle.

🦇🦇🦇

Viola and her friends only stayed a little while at Three Broomsticks before departing for the castle. Hugo kept a bottle of butterbeer warm for Clemi in his armpit.

"Hugo, that's disgusting," said Ava, "Clemi probably won't even want it now!"

"What? Why?" demanded Hugo, "It's not even in my actual armpit! I've got a coat on for goodness sake!"

"It might not even keep it warm," said Ava.

"Yeah it will!" said Hugo, "This is what my dad does to warm up the butter when he's baking!"

"Remind me never to eat bake goods at your house."

Viola remained silent as her friends bickered good heartily. She looked down at her boots, scuffing up snow with her toe. Her mind was hard at work. She had to think of a dare for Ginny Weasley . . . She'd almost forgot all about it until now . . .

They passes the lake. Hugo said, "Hey I wonder if Viktor Krum froze or not!"

"Well I certainly hope not," said Ava, her eyes wide.

"Me too," said Hugo, "But the water must be so cold!"

Ava nodded in agreement.

"I'll bet you a sickle Viktor Krum froze to death in the Great Lake today," said Hugo.

"I bet you a galleon he didn't," said Ava.

"What makes you so sure?" asked Hugo.

Ava raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hugo, you have seen the mobs of girls that follow him around, have you not?" asked Ava, "If Viktor Krum froze to death, we would know it. All his fan-girls would be by the lake sobbing. I guarantee it."

"Viola what do you - Viola?"

Hugo had looked around to ask Viola's opinion, only to discover she wasn't even with them anymore.

She was standing about fifteen feet behind, just staring at the Great Lake, her jaw slack.

Ava turned too look at their friend as well. She frowned in concern.

"Viola?" said Hugo uncertainly. "Viola?"

Viola jumped and looked around at them.

She said, "I know what I'm going to dare Ginny to do."