The dragon tamers had rushed in to contain the dragon. One of them had hair as red as Ginny Weasley.

"I hope Cedric is okay," said Hugo, craning his neck around so he could watch Cedric exiting the arena.

"I'm sure he will be," said Ava comfortingly.

The whole task was actually very exciting for Viola. She'd always wanted to see a dragon closeup, and now she got to see four of them.

The next dragon was a Welsh-Green. Fluer Delacour was the one versing it.

There was one terrifying (and slightly amusing) moment when her skirt caught fire. She put it out quickly though.

When Viktor Krum came out to face a Chinese Fireball, the majority of the girl's in the stand started cheering for him. Viola rolled her eyes, but then moments later she herself started screaming. But it was for a much different reason - Viktor hit the dragon in the eye with a spell. The creature panicked, and started trampling around and ended up squishing half the real eggs.

"No!" Viola shrieked jumping out of her seat in alarm. "Those are real live baby dragons! What are you doing you idiot? Why would you do that?

Viola fell back in her seat and covered her face with her hands. She was unable to look at the smashed eggshells on the ground.

Hugo patted her on the back sympathetically.

🦇🦇🦇

Ginny sat in the stadiums with Hermione and Ron as the dragon tamers, including Charlie, cleaned up the broken eggshells and started putting out the new ones.

"Harry's next," said Hermione with a moan. "I can't watch!"

"He'll be all right," grunted Ron.

Ginny looked at her brother. She could tell he was a lot more worried than he was letting on. His face was white from a combination of nerves and cold. Despite the fact that they hadn't spoken recently, it was his best friend who was about to go up against a full sized dragon.

Ginny herself felt very nervous for Harry, but she was trying not to show it. Her hands gripped the edge of the seat beneath her.

"There's the dragon," cried Ginny as a huge, spiky black thing came lumbering into the arena.

"Oh my God," said Hermione, her eyes widening. "Harry has to go up against that thing?"

Her question was answered as Harry came walking slowly into the pen. Ginny felt a pang as she saw how small and scared he looked. But his chin was also set with determination. Ginny was sure he'd do well.

"Go Harry!" Ginny heard Colin shriek from not far off.

Hermione cupped her hands over her mouth and shouted, "Whoo! Harry! You got this!"

She elbowed Ron. Ron looked around at her. "What?"

"Cheer for your best friend you idiot!" said Ginny.

"C'mon Harry," Ron called in a low voice.

Ginny and Hermione both rolled their eyes.