Chapter 20 - A Formality

On her coronation day, Rebecca is sitting in the throne room watching the crowd in front of her. She can't remember all the nobles' names. Most of them looked down on her like some dirty rag that was dragged in.

Rebecca makes a point to at least remember the royal family of every kingdom.

Princess Celina in her blue corset dress next to her father King Martin Eclipse. He lost his wife at a young age and with no sons, his daughter is the only remaining heir to the Fallengarth throne.

King Louis and Queen Anne Shaundra from the Shaundra kingdom. Their children could not attend due to royal obligations they had to finish.

I think they are more concerned for their safety. I am a stranger to them. Still, I would have loved to meet them.

Then there is King Reynold and his two sons Prince Leopold and Prince Galeol from the Griffondale Kingdom of which Leopold seems the friendliest to Rebecca.

Finally, there is the entire Ristheart family with their paladin knights all of them greeted her with open arms. Every one of Marilyn's children has her striking warm golden eyes.

Their daughter has her father's golden hair and every one of their sons has their mother's flaming red hair. Rebecca is enveloped in a surprising hug from an old gentleman with a very warm and kind voice.

"That last time I laid eyes on you, you were a little pipsqueak chasing bugs. Look at you now. You look like an angel in red and gold. It is a pleasure to see you again Rebecca. Forgive my manners. I am Arnoldus father of the king. This is my son and king of Ristheart. Arwin." As he continues talking he drags a handsome middle-aged man next to him.

"You have already met Queen Marilyn and the old man in the black knight commander cloak is her father. Aranorn. Finally, I take pride in introducing my grandchildren. From the oldest to the youngest. Charles, Gordon, Duncan, George, Benjamin, and Princess Evelyn," Arnoldus finished.

"At least let me introduce our knights, father. The white-haired lady is Lady knight Keera and next to her is Celia. The big man behind my father is our local party animal, Bonecrusher. The gentleman next to him is Eguardo. Then there is Millston next to him are Nox, Mandolin, Marty, and Finley. The small man next to me is Archduke Ashton," Marilyn says happily.

What a warm introduction. They introduced everyone to me like family. I love this. Their relationship is strong and the family is very tight.

"It is an honor to meet all of you. Elizabeth will show you the way to your quarters. My captain of the guard, Guss will show the knights to the hall of dragon knights. Lady knight Keera and Celia Elizabeth will provide you a private room among the noble quarters," Rebecca says.

"Forgive me, your majesty. I will be staying with my husband. Lord Ashton," replies the lady knight next to Keera.

"Very well, Elizabeth Keera will have a noble quarter all to herself," Rebecca replies. With a swish of her dress, Elizabeth turns and leads the family through the castle.

An old man is a little slow to follow the captain of the guard. Rebecca recognizes him as Aranorn. "Aranorn, In my house, the elderly are treated with respect. Let me have the honor of leading you to your quarters."

"But my place is with my knights, your majesty," Aranorn protests.

"Your knights are in safe hands. If any harm comes to them here. I shall not rest until the culprit is brought to justice. Please, call me Rebecca. You are the one with more wisdom than me. Besides, I would love to get to know the father of my best friends. Let me guide you to your quarters," Rebecca says as she holds out her hand to him in friendship.