Chapter 13 - The Good and The Bad News.

Nicole's POV-

As we arrived at the hospital I had to wait in the waiting room.

Alex was being rushed into urgent care and I told him I would never leave his side. But as soon as I got out that truck he would be alone In there as the doctors were making him get better.

I was heartbroken..how did this even happen?

But then I realized I cant be worrying about myself ..Alex's mom Ana! oh my gosh how am I going to explain this to her? I thought.

That question was soon answered by a nice looking nurse.

She looked at me with a sad smile "Are you the victims girlfriend?"

"Yes ma'am, I am. I stated firmly

"Well his mother is on the way, we don't know how or what this accident was caused by but as soon as the doctors and I know I will update you and his mom." She said.

"Thank you. I tell her with a sad smile.

As she walks away I drift off into a deep sleep when suddenly I feel someone saying my name and shaking me. It was Ana.

"Hey, sweetheart, how is he?"

I rub my eyes. "I'm not sure yet but I hope he'll be okay."

"Don't worry hun, he's a fighter." she said.

After she told me that I had hope Alex was gonna be okay. So then I drifted back to sleep.

7 Hours Later-

"Nicole, Dear wake up."

As I woke up from my sleep I see Ana in front of me.

"Oh sorry Mrs. Ana."

"The nurse said we can go see Alex, they said he should be asleep or if were lucky awake.

I stand up getting ready to go see my boyfriend I practically ran to the room.

As I approach the door and slowly open it to a sleeping Alex.

"I'll let you have sometime with him before he wakes up Nicole." Then Ana walks out the room.

I sit in the chair next to Alex's hospital bed. I sigh.

"Alex, I know your asleep but I wish you were awake. I wish I knew how did this happen or even I wish this never happened..

I began to cry my folded arms on the arm of the hospital bed warm wet tears streaming down my face.

"P-Please..Be okay." I mumbled.

I got up beginning to walk out the door but as I got up from the chair I feel a hand grab mine.

"You said you wouldn't leave my side. So your staying. Said a familiar voice behind me.

I turn around to see Alex awake and alive.

I give him a hug.

"I missed you, so much. I love you so much" I told him as I tightened my grip on his hand beginning to sit back down in the chair.

"I'm sorry this happened I was driving and the next thing I know, Bam! Inside a ambulance truck." he stated.

"Alex, this is not your fault these type of things happen all the -" I was cut off by the doctor.

"Ahh, Alex Glad too see your awake." The unknown doctor said.

"Hello Ms, Who are you?" She said.

"Oh sorry I'm just his girlfriend Nicole." I confirmed.

"Well its nice to meet you Nicole I'm Alex's Doctor, Charlotte Croft. Alex I spoke to your mom and told her what's going on basically." Charlotte said.

"And I guess your wondering how did this happen to you huh?" she asked

"Yeah..I kinda am, so tell me what happened." Alex asked.

"Well police confirmed that as you were going straight to cross the road you did stop at the stop sign but a drunk driver was thinking he could beat you to the other side of the road, as you proceeded to go after you stopped at the stop sign he kept going but did not succeed to get to the other side like he wanted. Therefore he hit the side of your car, you flipped and he flipped as well"

"And Now for the good news and the bad news, The bad news is Alex your going to have to stay here for at least a couple of days until that leg of yours heals up and we know your stable enough to put you on crutches." She told us.

"And now for the good news, I have called your school and told them about the incident and agreed on until you are back on your feet Nicole can help you out." She smiled.

"Alright thank you." he said as she walked out the door.

He looked at me and smiled.

"This is gonna be fun."