"Why don't you show Harry where he's sleeping, Ron?" spoke up Hermione from beside Ginny.

Ron frowned at her. "He knows where he's sleeping! In my room, he slept there last time-"

Ginny rolled her eyes at her brothers stupidity while Hermione said, "We can all go."

"Oh," said Ron, cottoning on. "Right."

"Yeah we'll come too," said George.

"You stay where you are!" Molly Weasley snarled. She had gone into sabertooth-tiger-mode.

Ginny, Hermione, Harry, and Ron wasted no time in edging out of the kitchen, and hurrying upstairs away from the storm rising in the kitchen.

"What are Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes?" asked Harry as they climbed up the rickety staircase that zigzagged through the Burrow.

Of course whatever Fred and George had done now had something to do with that. Ginny had to laugh along with Ron.

They hastened to explain to Harry all about how Fred and George were inventing a line of joke items like trick wands, trick sweets and other such items, and all about how they didn't get as many O.W.L.S as their mum had expected.

"And then there was this huge row," said Ginny as they continued to climb, "because Mum wants them to go into the ministry like Dad, but all they want to do is open a joke shop." She thought back to the argument and shuddered. It was always terrifying when Mum got her claws out.

The four passed Percy on the stairs who told them to stop "thundering" around. Ginny had hardly seen her third eldest brother that summer. He was always cooped up in his room doing things for work.

They climbed up three more sets of staircases before reaching Ron's room, where his orange Chudley Cannon bed spreads were glowing a brighter orange than his own hair, four beds had been crammed in, and Ron's tiny owl Pigwidgeon was hopping up and down in a small cage.

"Shut up, Pig," said Ron, making his wag between the tightly crammed beds. "Fred and George are in here with us because Bill and Charlie are in their room. Percy gets to keep his room all to himself because he's got to work."

"Er, why are you calling that owl Pig?" asked Harry.

"Because he's being stupid," said Ginny, bravely replying to Harry as she squeezed into the room. "Its proper name is Pigwidgeon."

"Yeah and that's not a stupid name at all," said Ron sarcastically. "Ginny named him. She reckons it's sweet. I tried to change it, but it was too late, he won't answer to anything else."

The four settled down in Ron's room as they began to discuss Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, Percy's work (he was working at the ministry), Harry's summer and the food crisis he'd been having at his aunt and Uncles house due to the fact that his cousin Dudley was on a diet.

Ginny tried to hide how happy she was. She didn't always get to hang out with Ron and his friends, but she always wanted to.

"Have you heard from-" started Ron, but he cut off short by a sharp look from Hermione. Ron immediately looked at Ginny, while Harry's expression became strained. Ginny looked curiously between the three if them.

"They've stopped arguing," said Hermione, after a moment of awkward silence. "Shall we go help your mum with dinner?"

"Yeah, alright," said Ron.

Ginny felt her happiness deflate a little. She wasn't stupid, it was very clear the three were hiding something. It probably had something to do with the end of last year, the adventures of which still remained a mystery to her.

Ginny's spirits brightened again when she headed outside with Hermione (after her very disgruntled mother told them to take the plates outside), and she found Bill and Charlie in the middle of a wooden table fight in mid air.

 🦇🦇🦇

🦇🦇🦇

Unfortunately the time for Viola to leave the Leighton home did eventually arrive, and far too soon Viola found herself back at her parents house.

After arriving to a cold welcome from her mother and father, Viola retreated to her room where she flopped on her bed and began reliving the adventures at the Leighton's.

Whether they were out on the beach, helping Harmon Leighton cook, dancing around a bonfire, swimming, biking, or running around with Hugo's dog, Engie, Viola and Hugo hadn't stopped having fun for an instant. And it was very wonderful for Viola to experience what it was really like to be a child, not that she'd had a truly terrible past, but she'd always been a little more serious than she should've been.

But now all that time was over, and she was back home. Back home where she had nothing better to do than look over the summer homework she'd finished weeks ago, play with her pets, and eavesdrop on her parents.

The latter of which Viola found herself doing several days after she'd come back. She was in the library reading a book called Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander when her parents voiced came through from the parlor opposite.

"I just really don't want to go Roderick," said Ira Lestrange's voice firmly.

Viola looked slowly up from the pages of her book.

"But . . .  I already bought the tickets!" Viola heard her father protest.

"Well I'm sorry Roderick! I just don't feel like watching some idiotic game where wizards fly around on broomsticks for goodness sake!"

"But-"

"Why don't you invite one of your friends from the ministry?"

"They're all already going!" said Roderick.

"Oh, well," said Ira in a careless voice, "Take that child with you then, I don't want her underfoot."

"Oh," said Roderick in a surprised tone of voice. "Well . . . I suppose I could do that."

Viola felt her stomach flip excitedly. Was what she thought really happening?

There was a creaking as her father stood from his seat. Viola quickly buried her nose back in her book, just as Roderick poked his head in.

"Er, Viola," said the man awkwardly, Viola looked up at her father quickly, excitement gleaming in her brown eyes. "How would you like to go to the Quidditch World Cup this Monday?"

Viola felt her heart lift. This was exactly what she'd been hoping for! All summer she'd heard her father discussing the match, but she'd hardly dared to hope she might actually be able to go.

Viola tried to control her emotions, but she couldn't help a grin from breaking across her pale face. "Yes! I would!"

To Viola's utmost surprise, her father smiled back at her.