THREE

OCTAVIA GRABBED HER stuff and made her way downstairs from the new house in London. She liked it there, Uncle didn't, but Octavia actually quite enjoyed it. She had made a trip to Diagon Alley for the first time the week prior to get all her 4th year school books, supplies, Hogwarts robes and her new owl Camilo. She was a small barn owl and Octavia's new best and only friend.

Salem ushered her and the trunk out the door as soon as they arrived at Kings Cross Station. Octavia's ticket directed her to platform 9 3/4. She must have looked like a bloody idiot running through that wall surrounded by muggles, she certainly felt like it. Her Uncle left after her run onto the platform. Thank Merlin for that. Some older students came and got Octavia's trunk, then she boarded the train. Lots of compartments were full Octavia walked past a few and finally found an empty one. She slept most of the ride, but got up once to get herself a pumpkin pasty from the trolley. On her way back she thought she heard some voices she recognized, but figured she was just hazy from her nap. Some kids stopped by every once in a while just to see who the new girl was. Octavia could she them peaking through the small windows.

"Have you seen the new girl?"

"Wow she's from America."

"Who is she?"

Typical new kid news. Octavia watched people eye her as she stepped off the train and on to the platform. She was going to look around a bit but then decided that would give people a change to talk to her. So flipping her hair and walking across the platform like she owned the place. Following the others up to the Great Hall but then had to split off so she could be sorted into her house.

"Welcome new students! And welcome back to those with us for to a new year here at Hogwarts. Now let's begin the sorting." Said her new headmaster, Dumbledore, he said more but in all honesty Octavia wasn't listening in the slightest. Her eyes were scanning the hall and taking in her new surroundings.

"We will start with our fourth year transfer Miss Octavia Clarke" An older woman announced, waving her up.

She walked up to an awaiting stool. An older lady with kind eyes had a tattered hat in her hand. Octavia sat down and the hat was placed on top of her head. As she sat down she noticed things about the school, there were four tables. Each represented a house it seemed. Octavia's eyes fell on a table with red and gold decorations and a roaring lion on their flag. She looked up and down the table when she made eye contact with a pair of brilliant emerald green eyes. Her eyebrows raised at the sight of familiar face, but before she could react—

"GRYFFINDOR" Came bursting out from hat.

Cheers erupted from the table with a red lion banner as they clapped for her arrival. Octavia made her way over to the table to sit down, walking towards the end where Ronald, Hermione and Green eyes sat, considering those were the only three she remotely knew.

"Um hi," She walked up,"Can I sit?"

"Hi, sure" Hermione smiled and gestured towards the seat next to her.

"So what's your name?" Octavia asked, turning her attention to the boy she had many questions about.

"Harry Potter"

"Octavia Clarke" Octavia held her hand out firmly.

He shook it with a shy smile.

"Wait, so you didn't know who he was?" Ron said looking astonished as the two released hands.

"Uh no" Octavia looked at the red head with an eyebrow raised,"Am I supposed to?"

"Blimey he's Harry Potter!"