Chapter 8

Why is it that we seem to want what’s not good for us????

Chapter 8

Evelyn (Mary’s POV)

I was mad as I drove home. Who the hell did he think he was being all nice to me? I much preferred his anger to this tame yet possessively sexy viral man he presented today. Augh, I hate that but I mostly hated the way I liked it. I must be going fucking crazy or something. Because him telling me he was picking me up just like that pissed me off to no end.

I kept thinking back to every touch and every look he gave me today. The way he was so angry when the owner of the team asked me out. That was a surprise in its self. But I guess it might have something to do with having what someone else has, no?

 I mean think about it. He never showed interest until he knew I wasn’t really dating Victor. But the papers say otherwise. It would make him look cool and a hot commodity if he was able to snake the woman from a star player.

I sighed not really caring at this moment. All I wanted was to get home and maybe go to the gym and work out this excess sexual tension I have. I know for a fact Roger and Molly are at the gym till late today, since it will open tomorrow. I had picked up my white shirt and tie along with my black slacks from the cleaners this morning before work.

I was so ready for tomorrow that it was just so exciting. I can only imagine how Roger and Molly feel. I guess I normally do this type of stuff but it’s never for someone I consider my sister and well now Roger is like my brother also. I smile thinking of them.

As I walked in I unhooked my bra and through some clever maneuvering pulled it out of the sleeve. I hate those things. They feel like I’m trapped all day. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

Then I sat on my couch and grabbed the stack of newspapers from the counter and there a magazine that caught my attention. I rolled my eyes as I saw who adorned the cover. It was a magazine in Spanish and the cover said IMPARABLE. Yes that one word truly defined him perfectly, Unstoppable.

I studied his face, his features and his hands for some reason also held my attention. I was going to toss it but instead I opened it and leafed through picture where he still had his hair. They interviewed him about the move back to Chicago and about women.

Yeah I know he’s a player and my chest tightened as he went over how he likes to date and all that stuff. I checked to see the date of the interview since he still had his hair. But the cover had him bald so it was a contradiction.

Well it seemed the picture was recent but the interview was from before he came out here. So I read on.

Reporter: Do you ever plan on settling down any time soon?

Victor: It’s not really in my plans. But if the right woman comes along, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Reporter: What type of woman would that be?

Victor: She would have to be strong like me. Independent, I don’t want a woman who wants me to do everything for her. She would have to be her own woman. I think that is very attractive. I also grow tired of the women falling all over themselves for my attention. Maybe a woman who plays hard to get will be fun for a change. Now that is the epitome of sexy, a woman who knows herself worth.

Reporter: Well you heard it hear ladies. He never chases. But if you are the lucky one to catch his interest and you don’t throw yourself at him. He may chase you for a change and it seems it will be a forever ending to a game well played.

I dropped the magazine. What the hell did that mean?

I closed my eyes trying to regain my breath. I have not known him personally long. But I have heard a lot about him. Through the girls and through Michelle and Diego also. But I don’t know if I should even contemplate opening my heart to him.

I had done that once in college and all it got me was hurt and feeling rejected. I don’t think I can do that again. I shook my head to clear it of all these thoughts that should not be there. He is just part of my job and nothing else.

I got up and went to change into my sweats so I could go workout. I just needed to get my body so tired that nothing else will matter. I changed and grabbed my swim suit. I think some laps after the work out will do me some good.

I drove to the gym and sure enough they where there. “Well hey there; what brings you by so late?” Roger asked.

“I just need to burn off some energy” I tell him and he smiles at me.

“Molly’s in the back go start your work out and I’ll tell her you’re here” he tells me and walks off.

I started my work out and got lost as I turned on my IPod a yes I truly did feel like I had the devil inside. I smiled as the INXS song came on. I never noticed that Molly didn’t come see me as I got lost in punching the bag and then into my cardio work out.

Once I was good and tired I headed for the Locker rooms. I changed into my swim suit and was coming out of the locker room when Oh Hell.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Just a wee bit of what Evelyn Mary is thinking…

COMMENT…………………………………