Chapter 18: Salena

Start from the beginning

"Sam?" I ask. She looks up from her plate, her mouth full of food. "Do you you maybe want to come with me to the mall this afternoon? You see, Chris invited me to go with him, Alet, Fletcher and Valary."

"Girl,"  She starts, her mouth still full of food. My friends are such slobs. "You only ask me now? Of cource I'll go with you. You know I cannot say no to the mall."

I smile slightly.

"Yah, I know."

*-*-*

When the final school bell chimes its normal song, I literally jump up from my chair and hit my leg in the process. I hiss in pain but ignore it as I pack up my things.

I walk out of the class and over to my locker where Sam is already standing. I just couldn't help myself but wonder how she got here this quikly. I mean, I literally speedwalked over and packed up my things so fast that all the papers and books are probably crumpled.

"Sam."

She looks up from her phone and smiles at me. "Are you ready to go?"

I smile and nod my head. We both walk to the doors when a hand grabs mine. I look around to be faced with William. My eyes widens with shock and I try to pull my hand away, but his grip just tightens.

"Salena." His eyes looks like they are pleading me."Can we talk... please?"

I pull my hand against and this time it comes free from his grip. My skin is slightly burning from where he gripped my arm.

"William. I have somewhere to be. So to answer your question... Um... no. We cannot talk." With that, I turn around and take a light jog over to Samantha, who is totally oblivious to what just happened.

"Where are we supposed to find Chris and Alet?" Sam asks when I reach her. I roll my eyes, that is such a Samantha thing to do.

"At the gate..." We walk out of the main doors to be hit with warm, but slightly cooler air. It's starting to cool down a bit... a sighn that winter is coming. Yaaaaaay!

I scan the school parking lot and spot Christian with Alet at the gate. I tap Samantha on the shoulder and point into the direction of them and we make our way over.

"Hey Sally." Alet greets when we reach them. She walks over to me and gives me a quik hug before she turns to Samantha and hug her aswell. "I'm so excited that you guys can come with us. Chris and Fletcher only talk about video games and then think that Valerie and I will be interested." She rolls her eyes and glare at Chris who is smiling innocently.

"Well," He says, "What can I say? All you and Vall talk about are clothes, clothes and, oh no, wait... clothes."

"Chris." Sam says, batting her eyelashes. "I find that very insulting."

He opens his mouth to say something but immedeately closes it again, which causes me to giggle slightly.

"Well are we going to go to the mall or are we going stand here all day?" Alet places her hands on her hips and looks up at Chris who is smiling down at her. He takes a step closer and wraps an arm around her waist.

"Let's go." He looks over at me and Samantha. "Car's that way."

We all make our way to the car and climb in. I must say, it must look kind of funny. I feel like we're a bunch of clowns stuffing ourselves into those small cars.

The drive to the mall is mostly spent in silence. I actually hoped that we would talk because now my thoughts has the freedom to drift off to William and what he wanted to tell me. What if it was important or what if something horrible happened?