Chapter 18: Salena

Chapter 18: Salena's POV.

I let out a breath I haven't even realised I'm holding when William wallks into the Cafeteria.

The only time I saw him this week was Monday, and now, on Friday, he decided to show up for the first time in four days. I don't know why, but I kept on braking my head over  the fact that he didn't show up the past three days.

Was it my fault? Did he just decide to avoid me because of what I said? Well, to think about it, I should actually be the one to avoid him. He is the one who said those horrible things to me, I just defended myself.

So right here, I come to the conclusion that his absence isn't my fault. Yup, deffinately something else... not me...

"Earth to Salena."

A voice brings me out of my reverie. I turn my head around and look at Samantha and Garreth. They are both staring at me with wide eyes like I grew and extra head or something.

They both decided to sit at another table with me because of what happened with me and William Monday. Both Garreth's girlfriend and Samantha's Boyfriend are friends with William and sitting at the other table, but when they told James and Cayley, they understood that I need space from them. I just cannot stand sitting with them anymore. And I sometimes think that, that group of friends are bad news. Every time I mix up with them I get hurt.

"There she goes again." I hear Garreth say. I close my eyes tightly and shake my head slightly.

"Sorry guys..." I sigh. "It's just..."

"That William has been on your mind since Monday... we know." Samantha says in a soft voice. I know she's trying to sound soft and caring, but the thing is, I know her and she's just trying not to jump on me and kill my guts for keeping her away from her 'lover'. I roll my eyes at that thought...

"No." I deny... well, it's not really the truth, but it actually also is... "I'm just worried that I'm the reason for his absence."

"Okay, Sally. Not to make you feel unspeacial or anything, but I doubt that you're the reason for his absence." Garreth states matter of factly. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what best friends do to you. They don't share the sandwich with you, the make as I'd they want to share it, but then slap in in your face before you can even take a bite.

"Wow. Sorry for breathing Garreth." Sarcasm is dripping off of my toung.

"Apology excepted." He smiles innocently at me. I swear, if looks could kill, he would be in the earth's core...

"Oh would you two just stop bickering for one second!" Samantha yells, please
acting the emphasis on 'one'. "Salena, are you ready for the concert next week?" My eyes grows wide and I groan at the reminder. I totally forgot! Samantha and I signed up for a 'concert' next week Wendsday, but it's actually just the school that asked us to perform in front of the school in an assembly.

"Well, Sam, about that..." I trail off.

Her eyes widens. "Oh no! You did not forget!"

"That's the thing... I actually did."

"Look who's bickering now." Garreth states proudly. He smiles innocently and leans back into his chair.

"Shut up." I mumble. I swear there's a thunder cloud over my head... well, more like wish because if there was, I'd use it to electrify Garreth right now.

I see him roll his eyes and look over to William's table. I catch his eyes for a split second, but he quikly looks away. I then see Alet and Chris sitting next to eachother, and suddenly a thought pops into my head.