[27]

A few hours later, when Calum and Ashton were sharing stories about how they met their babies, Mikey and Luke came out with blankets wrapped around their shoulders and smiles on their faces.

"Daddy, can Luke stay the night?" Michael asked with a wide smile.

"That's up to Calum," Ashton said, gesturing his head towards the man. Michael ran up to Calum and smiled.

"Lukeys daddy, can Lukey stay the night?" Michael asked again.

"Not tonight, buddy, but maybe we can schedule a day where he can, okay?" Calum responded with a smile. Michael sighed but nodded his head.

"Okay. But Lukey doesn't has to go yet, right?"Michael asked with wide eyes.

"Not yet," Calum ruffles Michaels hair, making the boy giggle. Michael took Luke's hand and ran back to his room, Luke trailing along with a string of giggles. Michael dragged Luke back to his room and pulled out a box of Legos.

"You wan' build sometin' Lukey?" Michael asked. Luke paused as he tipped his head back with a yawn. The little boy rubbed at his eyes softly, making a soft, kitten like noise.

"Mikey, I tired," Luke said, looking up at Michael softly.

"We can lay in my bed," Michael said, scrambling to get up from the floor. Michael grabbed the step stool that he uses when he brushes his teeth and pushed it in front of his crib. Michael helped Luke into the crib before climbing in himself.

"You wan' cuddle with my stuffie elee?" Michael asked, holding out a stuffed elephant towards Luke. The little blonde nodded, gladly taking the stuffie and cuddling it to his chest.

"Nu night, Mikey," Luke whispered.

"Nu night Lukey," Michael kissed the boy's cheek before laying down with a stuffy pressed to his own chest. The two boys both popped their binkies into their mouths, suckling softly as they drifted.

-----

"I should get going," Calum said with a sigh as he finished his glass of water.

"Of course. It was nice having you. Mikey definitely doesn't watch basketball with me" Ashton said, making them both laugh.

"It was fun, especially cause my team wiped your teams ass," he grinned.

"Alright, alright," Ashton laughed.

"Well done it again soon. I should get Luke," Calum said as he stood up. Ashton led Calum into Michaels nursery.

"Where'd they go?" Calum asked with furrowed eyebrows. Ashton looked around, smiling small when his eyes landed on Michaels bed.

"Found 'em," Ashton chuckled as he walked over to the crib and unlocked the bars so they slid down. The two littles on the bed were sound asleep, cuddled up beside each other, Michael snoring softly. Calum chuckled as he carefully picked Luke up from the small mattress.

"Dadda?" Luke softly whined.

"Let's go home, darling," Calum whispered softly as he held Luke against his chest. Luke made a soft noise, laying his head on Calum's shoulder.

"Thank you for everything, Ash," Calum smiled, shaking the man hand.

"No problem. Give me a call anytime," Ashton said as he led them to the door. Ashton waved the two off before closing the door and locking it. He ran his fingers through his hair as he walked to the kitchen to start the dishes.

"Daddy," A soft voice called as Ashton was rinsing the last cup in the sink. Ashton dried off his hands on his pants as he walked to Michaels room, smiling at the boy.

"Daddy, where Lukey go?" Michael asked in a tired whisper. Ashton picked Michael up and swayed the boy.

"Luke had to go home, sweetheart," Ashton said as he carried the boy to his bedroom and laid the boy on the king sized bed.

"Daddy, why do you love me?" Michael asked, burying half his face in a pillow. Ashton made a surprised face, sighing softly as he slipped into the bed beside Michael. He pulled the boy onto his chest and softly brushed his hair from his forehead.

"I just do, baby. Over time people get an attachment to someone else and that attachment can never be broken. My attachment to you will never be broken, baby. That's love. And that why I love you. You're also very beautiful,"
Ashton spoke softly, running his fingers through Michaels hair.

"My attachment to you cans never be boken either, daddy," 
Michael whispered, kissing Ashton's chin before laying his head on the mans chest. Ashton kissed Michaels head, listening as the boy slowly started to snore. Soft little snores and sniffles that resembled a kitten.

"I love you baby," Ashton whispered softly as he put his head back and shut his eyes.