[22]

When Michael woke up he was still out of his headspace. He sat, not feeling as bad about being out of headspace. He got out of bed and wrapped his little pink blanket around himself before shuffling out into the living room. Ashton, Lydia, and Alison were sitting on the couch watching old re-runs of spongebob and eating cereal when Michael quietly shuffled over to Ashton and crawled onto his lap, covering his head with the blanket and shoving his face against Ashton's chest.

"You big today, baby?" Ashton asked softly so Alison and Lydia didn't hear the question. Michael nodded, slowly bringing his head out from under the blanket.

"Girls, I'd like to formally introduce you to Mikey-out-of-headspace," Ashton said, bringing Michael further up his chest. Michael blushed, leaning his head against the side of Ashton's neck and wiggling his fingers.

"Well hello Mr Mikey-out-of-headspace" Lydia smiled softly. Michael giggled softly.

"Does Mike-out-of-headspace want some breakfast? We have lucky charms," Alison offered with a small smile, beginning to get up.

"No, no, I got it, it's ok," Michael rushed as he got up from Ashton's lap and smiled thankfully before shuffling off into the kitchen. Ashton subconsciously smiled at the boy, watching him shuffle across the hardwood floor in his footsie pajamas.

"What is that look?" Alison asked. Ashton glanced over at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"What look?" He asked.

"That look that you got just now when you looked at Michael. What was that look?" Alison asked again as she pointed a finger at Ashton and sat up straight on the couch.

"There wasn't a look" Ashton shrugged, scratching his elbow.

"There was so a look. You're lying, you scratch your elbow when you're lying," she whisper-shouted. Ashton looked down at his elbow and huffed as he stopped scratching it.

"What happened? Tell us!" Lydia insisted with an amused smile on her face. Ashton rolled his eyes but an evident blush played on his cheeks.

"We kind of... maybe... sort of... kissed," Ashton mumbled as he scratched the back of his neck nervously. Lydia and Alison gasped, their eyes and mouths going completely wide.

"You kis-"

"Shh!" Ashton hissed before Alison could finish his sentence. Before anyone else could speak, a loud crash and a thud was heard.

"Daddy!" Michael screamed before sobbing. Ashton jumped off of the couch and ran to the kitchen. Michael was sitting on the floor with a broken bowl around him and a gash on his arm.

"I'm sorry daddy! I didn't mean to!" Michael cried as he held his injured arm. Ashton carefully stepped around the glass and picked Michael up, carrying him out of the kitchen. He carried him to the bathroom, where he sat the boy down on the counter.

"It's okay, kitten. Daddy's gonna make you all better," Ashton soothed as he turned the facet on. He gently grabbed Michaels wrist and held the boy's cut under the water. Michael screamed, sobbing out loudly at the pain.

"I've got you, baby, I'm here," Ashton soothed.

"Ashton, it hurts," Michael spoke as he fisted Ashton's tee shirt.

"You're really flipping the switch with the whole headspace thing," Ashton chuckled softly as he got hydrogen peroxide out of the cabinet. Michael sniffled out a small giggle, then a whisper once he saw the familiar black bottle.

"Ashton no! That's gonna burn!" Michael cried. Ashton used his free hand to gently grip Michaels cheek and make him look up.

"Look at me. Just look at me," Ashton whispered softly. Michael breathed out heavily as he leaned in further. Ashton followed, slowly meeting Michael halfway. Ashton held Michaels lips on his own as he poured peroxide on the boy's wound. Michael whimpered into the kiss, fisting Ashton's tee shirt as hard as he could.

"All done. You're okay," Ashton said. Michael whined as he leaned forward and caught Ashton's lips in his own again. Ashton hummed, gently cupping Michaels cheeks as they shared sweet, chaste kisses. Ashton gently ran his fingers through Michaels hair as he slowly pulled away.

"I'm sorry I broke your bowl," Michael whispered, his forehead resting against Ashton's. Ashton chuckled, shaking his head lightly.

"I don't care about the bowl, baby. Let's get this wrapped up,"
Ashton softly said. He grabbed a roll of gauze and started wrapping it around Michaels arm. Ashton tucked in the end of the wrap and gently laid a kiss to it.