"Thanks, Face." 

  "Just let me play at the wedding, alright?"

  "That's between you and her, I'm not getting involved," I chuckled.

  "Ask her for me."

  "You can ask Jan yourself, you got her number."

  "Maybe I will."

   "Alright let's get this going, we still have that meeting at 5 for set design." I took my place back in front of the microphone and tried to get my mind right.

  Only a few more hours and I would finally be able to be with Jan, one last time before she had to go away. I was excited and dreading it at the same time. The day dragged on, of course, but finally, I was saying goodbye to Face and speeding home to her. I was rarely ever at home now, and she insisted that I slowly start bringing more of my things to her house where I spent nearly 5 nights out of the week. She told me that even whenever she was gone, I was welcome to stay anyway, but I don't think I'd ever do that. All of her things scattered all over the house, the smell of us on her sheets, would only make me miss her more.

  I pulled up to her house at 7:49, and it almost looked like no one was home. Usually a porch light was on, or I could see her bedroom light on from the window, but there was nothing. I had half a mind to call and see where she was, but just decided to let myself in with the key she gave me last week. I thought it was too soon, but she said it wasn't. So I guess it wasn't.

  "Jan, baby," I called, my voice echoing through the foyer. I waved hello to her housekeeper, pet her dog,  and started up the grand staircase.

  "I'm up here, honey. Come here," she responded. I smiled. I literally had not been able to kiss her in almost 8 days. She was back and forth between here and New York, her headquarters for all business aspects of the tour. I knew she was exhausted before she'd even gotten up on the stage, and I was so ready to take her mind off of it, if only for one night.

  "Where's my baby?" Her voice got louder as I approached her bedroom, and my heart pounded at the thought of getting to hold her in my arms. Finally I saw her finishing up packing a suitcase in the middle of her floor. When our eyes met, it nearly felt like the first time I saw her at that last show, twisting my stomach into pretzel knots. I couldn't hide the smile or my joy any longer. She immediately stopped what she was doing and ran to me with open arms. "There she is, my Toni Michelle!" She squealed, baring all of her perfectly straight teeth in a wide grin. If this was the kind of reaction I got after a week, it was unimaginable how excited we'd get once we saw each other after my tour, 2 and a half months from now.

   I wrapped my arms this tightly around her body, falling in love with her right then and there all over again. She smelled like my heaven, and she was so warm and inviting. She buried her face into my neck, inhaling deeply and squeezing me harder. I loved every second of it.  "God, I wanted this so bad," she mumbled, kissing my neck then putting her face back where it was. We stood like that for at least 2 minutes, just melting into each other. I didn't want to leave her for anything.

  "I missed you, baby," I responded. "Are you okay? You're good?" I pulled away just to look at her face. Of course, I was met with no flaws whatsoever. I fell into her eyes. "You look so good." Janet bit the inside of her cheek, trying to stifle a blush.

  "I'm fine," she responded. "How are you?"

  "So much better now." I stood on my toes to kiss her forehead. "So much better," I repeated softly. Then I kissed her nose, and finally, what I'd been waiting what seemed my whole life for, her soft, Moist, plump lips. At that moment I could have died a happy woman, my life completely fulfilled. She held onto me tighter, pushing me back into the wall behind me in the process with a bit of a thud. Janet's tongue danced a slow, sensual tango with mine, causing me to moan softly into her mouth. She pressed our bodies as close as they could be, gripping my belt for support. I was starting to heat up already, but pulled away reluctantly. She held onto my bottom lip in a sort of pout for ending it.