17. Where'd Ernest Go?

Start from the beginning

His jaw clenched slowly, the action looking almost cool as his jaw set in tightly. When I looked to his hands I saw his claws were out.

"Are you just upset about Dexter and I?"

"What do you think?" He growled, his eyes weren't on me though. I looked over my shoulder, seeing Dexter looking over. His eyes filled with concern and when I looked back to Ernest he snapped his teeth.

"Can we go inside and talk about this?"

"No. We can do it out here. I mean, come on, you and Dexter argue like a married couple. It shouldn't be so embarrassing to argue with me. Just imagine me as him." 

"Ernest you're being a real jerk right now. I did nothing to you."

Ernest then started laughing, an obnoxious laugh that rang across the whole area. Some girls joined along and I sneered at him as he folded his arms.

"The real jerk is you. And Dexter. I thought having a twin beside meant we were together on everything. But now I see it was just a storm waiting to drown my life. Everyone and everything goes to him first, I'm the last to know of anything, and just standing beside him makes me feel like a child!

"Sometimes, I know I shouldn't feel this way... But sometimes I wish I never had a twin brother." Once he said that I heard Dexters heart freeze. I wasn't going to look behind me, but I heard his footsteps walking into the house in anger and sadness.

The next thing I know I'm slapping Ernest in the face. He doesn't stagger back like I was hoping, he just slowly moved his head to face forward. My hand print fading away on his cheek.

"Have you ever hit Dexter before? I don't think so. He's said more shit to you than I ever have. I am always nice to you. I bet he can say something so bad about me and you won't flutter an eye. Yet I say something and this is what I get! A damn slap in the face!" He steps back into the house, shaking his head in anger as he grabs the door.

"All of you - everyone-" Ernest yelled as people looked over in shock to see it was him-" Do not fucking come near me or this house. If you do, I will make sure-."

"What? What you gonna do!" I heard a male voice yell, interrupting him. Then after that people started mocking him, his entire mood swinging to the top of its peak of anger.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He shouted, everyone silent. Then I looked back at him, seeing tears streaming down his face.

"Ernest-."

"No! Leave me alone! You and especially Dexter!" He was about to slam the door until I stopped it, squeezing through the crack of the space inside the house.

Once I was in Ernest glared at me, walking away as he laid against the wall, but as I watched his tears weren't clear. They were-.

"I know, my tears are red. Deal with it..." Ernest now was crouched on the wall, coughing in his hand, and I watched as blood appeared in his hand.

"Ernest..." I gasped, making him chuckle.

"Now you care. I've been like this ever since we went to that cabin. It's probably just a allergic reaction against the antifreeze, but-."

"You could've told someone!" I scream, hurriedly sitting next to him as I rubbed his shoulder.

"I was gonna tell you both, but you guys looked pretty busy when I caught you both 'learning about one another'. That was something I didn't want to see at all."

My heart cracked in two. I had no idea he felt like this, I've just been focusing on Dexter and how he feels... While Ernest was back here puking up blood...