Part 10

When Klaus returned back to his room, he found Elena just where he had left her. She was on the bed, her wounds healed quickly being a vampire and all. Klaus gave Elena a kiss but then when she pulled away, he frowned as he felt something was clearly troubling her.

"What's wrong love?" He asked. Elena looked down and Klaus sighed.

"I'm going to die soon," she finally said after a few minutes. Klaus had a confused and worried look on his face and she elaborated. "Tatia and I are linked and she was bought back from the dead by a witch. Klaus, you know the dead doesn't stay alive very long. She's going to die eventually and when she does, she'll take me with her. I--"

"No," Klaus interrupted, "you're not going to die, love. I have connections to some of the most powerful witches. I'll find a cure." He got into bed next to Elena and pulled the cover over both of them.

"Klaus, you also forget you have enemies," Elena laid her head on his chest and Klaus takes Elenas hands in his, "some that will go out their way to destroy you. What if--"

"Don't," Klaus kisses Elena, and smiles when she kisses back, "I'll do anything to protect you, love. An alpha always protects his mate."

-- -- -- --

Tatia walked into an old barn and looks around. It took a while for her human eyes to get used to the darkness but once it finally does, she saw a door. She opened the door and walked inside, seeing the person that bought her from the dead.

"I was expecting you," the woman said, "have a seat, Tatia. For a moment there, I almost thought you were Katherine." Tatia raised an eyebrow at the name. "You wouldn't know her."

"I don't," Tatia confirmed, "but I get the hunch she's one of my doppelgänger like Elena?"

"Oh so I get you two met," the woman smiled, "terrific. That will save us quite some time."

"Tell me who you are," Tatia demanded, "it's the least you can give me after what you're making me do."

"I'm already giving you something," the woman snapped, "did you forget our little deal already?"

"No," Tatia shook her head and the woman smiled. "I'm sorry. What do you want me to do now?"

"It's time to continue to the next phase," the witch said. She then explained to Tatia in full detail and in hushed voices.

-- -- -- --

It was 10 in the morning when Elena woke up to loud knocking on the front door, she felt a lost of contact from when she had been asleep in Klaus' arms and looked over to see a note in his place.

Reading the note, she found out that Klaus was going to be gone for a little bit collecting more blood since she was going to be living with them and there was already enough people in this house as it was.

Elena threw the note away, slipped on some clothes and walked downstairs. She opened the door and was shocked when she saw who was knocking.

 She opened the door and was shocked when she saw who was knocking