I just nodded. “Thank you doctor.”

“No problem, your family can come in when ever they please.” he said. “Have a nice day and get well soon.” I just sent him a nod as he left the room, Britney following to tell the others to come in.

I turned to Jo and grabbed her free hand. “Beau told me what happened? Why didn't you say yes?”

“I'll tell you once we get home.” She said, not meeting my gaze.

“Why can't you tell me now?” I tested.

“It's the wrong time.” she said, I decided to just let it go.

“Alright. Just know you're my little sister, and I love you alright?”

“I know,” she smiled, “thank you, and I love you, too.”

The door opened and Madeline was the only one to walk in. Joey sent me a smile before using the stupid excuse 'I need to use the loo' before scurrying out the door, closing it behind her.

“Edward, you scared me.” she said, taking a seat in the chair beside the bed.

“I'm sorry.” I said.

She giggled, “you're the one that got hurt and you're telling me sorry?” I blushed and she stood closer, placing her hand on my cheek making me close my eyes at how warming her touch was, “you are too sweet. Too sweet for your own good.” she said after a while.

“I'm sorry.”

She giggled. “I know.”

“Thank you for, for just refreshing my life.” I said suddenly.

“Refreshing?” she asked.

“Everything was so bad and so hard and so confusing, but then you came along. It's only been a day and you've already made me the happiest man on the planet.” I said, she blushed. “Thank you for giving me the chance.”

She just leaned down and kissed me and in the moment, I wanted nothing else.

 /Blair's POV/

I looker down at the text and sighed before downing another shot and replying.

Jo Styles : Where the hell are you?!

At a bar.

I clicked my phone off and asked the bar tender to keep 'em comin'. He nods and leaves five extra glasses in front of me. I shouldn't be drinking. I could cause so much damage. . .

"Rough night?" The bar tender asked.

"More like rough life."

"Care to explain?"

"I really love him. I really, really do. And our daughter. She is must the cutest little girl." I showed him a picture on my phone and he sent me a nod, smiling. "I tried my best to be enough for them but I'm not. They are too perfect, too smart, and too much for me to handle. They both deserve better. He deserves a better wife and she deserves a better mum."

"Why didn't you at least talk to him about this?"

"Because he'd say I'm stupid, hug me, kiss me, and by me some fucking roses and chocolate because he's that fucking perfect." I said hitting another shot.

"What did you do?"

"I lied. I told him I cheated on him for a while. I made it seem like I was, staying out late, coming home at three in the morning. That's how I started."

"That isn't such a good idea." He said.

"It's good enough."

/Madeline's POV/