Chapter 9

Later that afternoon, they were sat on the beach, close enough to the cabin in case they needed anything, a drink each in their hands and a parasol blocking the harshness of the sun.

"Are you going to tell the team when we get back?" He asked.

"I dont want to, not until 12 weeks but...how do i explain why i'm on desk duty without causing a fuss?" She put back to him as she stared at the calmness of the ocean.

"Your doctor recommended light duties when you returned; you dont have to necessarily tell them why"

"I dont want to lie to them; i put them through enough last week. But at the same time, i dont want to tell them and then if something happens...i dont think i could face them"

"Teresa, you may be their boss but they're your friends too; i'm not gonna be in the office all the time and if anything were to happen, someone would be able to help"

"I know" she answered, glancing at him before looking back at the ocean. "Do we tell them about us?"

"Seeing as there's been a running bet going since i joined about how long it will be until we got together, i dont think they'll be that surprised"

"I dont like my private life been everyone's business but to deny you the right of been able to check up on me without having to make some excuse up, that's not right either"

"I will go along with whatever you decide; just because i'm not the biological father, doesnt mean i wont care about the baby like my own. My only concern is your health and well-being; is keeping secrets going to affect your blood pressure further?" He questionned, taking her hand in his.

"I dont know" she sighed, moving slightly to curl into his body as they laid back onto the towel covered sand. "Maybe i could tell them about the baby, at least; i'll be 8 weeks by the time i go back"

"You dont have to make a decision now; your first couple of days back are going to be filled with paperwork and catch up meetings with Biscoe and Minelli. Maybe then you can make a decision; is there anything else on your mind?"

"Us"

"What about us?"

"You havent been home more than once in a week"

"Do you want me to? I dont want to outstay my welcome"

"That's just it; i've never been much good at relationships. And i've never let a guy stay over at my apartment; but with you...it just seems so natural. You make me breakfast every morning, you're there to comfort me during the night; hell, you've slept in my bed, that should scare me but it doesnt"

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying...i really like having you there and when you went to work, i felt lonely; you've made me feel safe when i didnt, dont, know what happened. I guess what i'm trying to say is...will you officially move in with me?" She asked, lifting her head enough to look at him.

"Are you sure it's what you want? I mean, we've only just started dating..."

"I'm absolutely one hundred percent certain; for once, i'm throwing caution to the wind and going for it, if you say yes?"

"How about a trial run first? See if you can put up with my insomnia and weird habits before we move everything?" He suggested, opting for a compromise.

"So it's not a no then?"

"It's a let's give it a try"

"Okay" she said as she settled her head back on his shoulder.