Chapter 2

The next morning, Jane found Lisbon curled up on her bathroom floor, hugging the toilet; she was miserable and sad at the same time. When she looked up at him with her sad, puppy dog green eyes, he instantly knelt next to her and swept her hair back; confident she was finished for the time being, Lisbon allowed herself to relax into his warm embrace.

"You're still here?" She murmered.

"Not going anywhere til you talk to me; feel like moving to the couch?" He suggested.

When she nodded, he helped her up before getting her settled and making them drinks; seeing very little in the way of food in her fridge, he handed her the mug and sat next to her.

"You have no food"

"I know" she answered before she realised something. "Where did the soup come from?"

"Ordered in" he smirked.

"No wonder it tasted so nice then" she quipped.

"I'll have you know, i would've made it if you'd had food in!"

"I have never seen you do anything more than make a cup of tea in the kitchen"

"Doesnt mean i dont know how to cook; i just...dont see the reason to now"

"I know" she whispered after his comment referring to his family. "Jane...what do i do?"

"Well until you admit it out loud, things wont seem any easier so ultimately, it's down to you; if you dont, this breakdown, might not be the only one you have"

"I...i...i'm...i'm pregnant" she whispered.

"How long have you known?"

"A few days"

"I didnt know you were seeing anyone"

"I'm not...i wasnt" she admitted, tears falling freely down her cheeks.

"What...?"

"I dont...i dont remember"

"It's likely you dont remember due to the drugs you were given; you need to make an appointment"

"Will you...come with me?" She asked as he wiped her tears away.

"Just tell me when and where"

She nodded as leant against him once more as he settled the cups on the coffee table; stroking her hair through his fingers, it wasnt long before Lisbon was asleep again.

When she awoke 2 hours later, she found herself alone on the couch with a blanket over her and silence across the apartment; noticing a piece of paper on the coffee table, she picked it up and read: 'be back soon'. Knowing she had to bite the bullet, Lisbon was on the phone to her Doctor when Jane returned, loaded with paper bags from the store; as she hung up, she found him in the kitchen, putting the said items away.

"You didnt have to do that" she said with a forced smile.

"You need to eat, whatever you decide to do" he answered.

"I'm Catholic so abortion is not an option" she reminded him.

"You still have other options"

"I dont know..."

"You raised your brothers, how is this any different?"

"This...is a baby; my brothers were already grown when i had to raise them. I've never looked after a baby before..."

"You can do it; i'll help"

"You?!" She replied, sounding a lot harsher than she meant. "Sorry, i didnt mean it to sound so harsh; i just...didnt think you'd want to after..."

"After Charlotte and Angela?" He questionned, looking at her.

When Lisbon nodded, he put the box of tea down on the counter before taking her hands; she bit her lip as she waited for his response. He hadnt said a word about them since Red John's killing 6 months previous; she knew he'd found a sense of relief at the terror now been over but he also felt guilt for her as she'd been the one to shoot him, not him.

"I loved been a dad to Charlotte; i'd like to think it made me a better person. I lost out on so many opportunities from grieving but i've come to accept what happened; it's time to move on. I want to help you, if you'll let me?"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm not going anywhere; dont you get it? I love you Teresa Lisbon; have done since the day i met you"

She smiled as he leant in and kissed her softly; she responded for a second before they both pulled away.

"Say it again?" She whispered.

"I love you"

"I love you too" she grinned, one of his hands moving down to her stomach as he kissed her again. "When's your appointment?"

"Three this afternoon"

"Let's get some lunch into you then"

As she watched him move aound her kitchen, preparing lunch as she sat up to the table with a drink, she couldnt help but wonder if her happiness with him was going to last.