Damian Training

Damian POV 

Damian was training in the training room where he was fighting against the simulated HIVE soldiers he had come to be familiar with. He'd been coming down often after the defeat of Slade and Blood. The last of the soldiers runs at him with a rifle ready to shoot him, Damian rolls to the right and throws a batarang at the gun breaking it, he runs over to the now defenseless hologram and cuts it in half with his sword making little bits of The sim HIVE fall to the floor and disappear as he sheaths his sword and the simulation ends. He looks at the timer which tells him that he took 1 minute and 23 seconds to kill the five hologram enemies. 

Dammit! I'm still too slow and I can't afford to be this slow in the field, not after what happened last time 

While he was scolding himself for being too slow Damian remembered the night he left the tower to spy on terra as she left and how he had run into Slade and how he fought him and how Slade taunted him by calling him soft and saying he had lost his edge and how he had trusted terra and how that trust was returned with betrayal and how she had coldly turned on them and how she had captured raven, but most of all he remembered how Slade had taunted him when they had fought and how he lost the fight to Slade being captured and tortured. Damian remembered how he'd scolded himself then too cursing himself for being too trusting of terra and how it had led to raven and the team being captured. 

It's all my fault! If I had been more vigilant, more careful, better trained, and less trusting of Terra the team wouldn't have been captured and Raven wouldn't have been hurt

Raven.....

Damian was surprised that her safety was his primary concern as he remembered that she was reason he'd come down here to train in the first place because after he'd seen the bruises and cuts she'd gotten from Terra when she was captured Damian decided that he needed to train to make sure that it never happened again. Damian felt responsible for her injuries for all of the Titans' injuries as he'd known that something was off about Terra and yet he ignored it out of trust to his older brother Dick, but because of that trust Raven got hurt and it was all his fault for being too trusting. Damian was still surprised that out of everyone on the team he felt the worst about her wounds and he didn't understand why he felt that way.

Well she's a valued teammate, one of the most powerful of us, she trapped her father Trigon in a crystal which she keeps on her forehead. Who knows what terrible things he says to her on a daily basis, but she's tougher than she looks too.

As Damian continued to think about Raven and how much pain she'd been through he started to feel angry, angry about how he wasn't there when she was captured, angry about how much she suffered and about how it was all because he had decided to trust Terra. 

Terra.....that bitch, why the hell did I trust her!? Even after she nearly killed beast boy I still trusted her! 

And what did I get for that trust? betrayal and torture

As he continued to think about Terra he continued to get angrier, he couldn't let his guard down again, he couldn't afford to make that mistake again and how he needed to keep training.

All of a sudden Slade popped into mind along with all the things he had told Damian during their fight and while he was imprisoned

*You're losing your edge* 

Damian could practically hear Slade taunt him as he got back into the ring and started the same simulation again 

*your friends have made you soft* 

Damian gritted his teeth as he dodged the gunfire and knocked one of the HIVE onto the ground stabbing him with his sword 

*Like I said: Losing. Your. Edge.*

Damian's brow furrowed as his eyes started galring as he threw a batarang into the Second HIVE's arm making him drop his gun and allowing Damian to knock him off his feet swiftly stabbing him as he hit the ground 

*Your friends have made you soft* 

Damian tried to ignore the comments Slade had made to him that night as he fired his grappling gun at the the third HIVE and pulled himself into a jump kick knocking the HIVE soldier out the ring causing him to dematerialize. 

*Grandson of the Demons head you are not! You're an entitled brat! You had everything given to you! Whereas I rose from nothing!* 

Damian growled with rage as he ran towards the fourth HIVE, dodging his gunfire he jumped behind the HIVE and stabbed him in the back

*You took away my old family Damain.......So I'll take away your new one* 

Damian roared with fury as he threw his sword at the last HIVE's head and felt furious as he saw the sword plunge into the HIVE's face. He sat down in the middle of the ring now that the training sim was over again and he looked back at the timer: 1 minute exactly, he smiled as he thought to himself: 

I'll die before I ever let someone harm my friends, God watch over the imbecile who even tries to do so.

Damian stood up and decided he was done practicing for now. He went to the elevator and went upstairs to the kitchen, he looked at the clock: 6:23 AM, no one was up yet 

If everyone just got up early we'd be a better prepared for any threats that come our way 

He started making himself breakfast as he looked outside and saw Raven meditating 

Well if everyone besides me and Raven that is

Damian just wachted as she meditated his eyes becoming fixed on the crystal on her forehead 

I wonder what Trigon is saying to Raven? I wonder how tiring it is to constantly hear his threats in her mind?  

After wondering for little bit he decided that he didn't really want to know since after all Trigon was practically Satan so he imagined it was some pretty sickening stuff, he smirked at his own joke but his smirk disappeared as he looked down at Raven again seeing how pained she seemed currently despite the meditating.

She always looks so sad and lonely, I wish I could help her but what can I do? I don't have any powers and even then I struggled against the likes of  Slade who was just an idiot mercenary compared to Trigon.......I wish.....I could take the pain for her....even if just for one day 

Damian was taken aback by what he was thinking, he would do that? He would take all that pain simply because he felt bad for Raven? 

What am I thinking? Why would I do that?  I mean what good what does my help mean? she can take that pain way better than I could, but....I would do that because she's my friend hell she's the best friend I have since she can actually understand me....and she healed me that one time.......back when I was being an asshole and picked a fight with Jaime

Damian chuckled a little bit as he remembered how much of a brat he used to be. Eventually he  returned back to making breakfast for himself but he still continued to think about Raven and how he felt about her.

 I hope she considers me a friend too....

Damian's heart started to beat faster as he finished making his breakfast and started eating 

I mean she has to! Right?  

I'm not that bad! Am I? 

Ohh dear lord I need to stop thinking about her! 

why would she ever consider me to be her best friend? 

She probably barely thinks about me at all

Damian finished his meal and decided he needed some time alone and went up to the roof to look at the sunrise, hoping doing so would clear his head AND slow his heartbeat down, as he walked up onto the roof and allowed himself one last thought on the matter.

Why the hell would I ever think she'd consider me a friend?