Surprise!

School was finished and before I knew it I was at home making the Welcome home cake. I picked up my phone and connected it to the sound bar when a text came through on my phone. It was Phoebe.

Phoebe: Hey Eva, just wanted to let you know I'm going to talk to Theo on Monday because that way you are ready and I had to much homework to catch up on. Love ya xx

I quickly replied with my fingers covered in flour. Every letter I pressed my screen began to become all powdered.

Me: Hey Phoebs. It's fine with me. Ask him whenever you want. Love ya too xx

I blasted my music through the speakers and cooked the second layer of the cake. I began to make the icing for the cake while the one layer cooled and the other cooked. Letting the middle icing thicken a little bit I left it to set and let the second layer cool down. By the time the second layer had finished cooling I was applying the icing on the first layer. I carefully placed the second layer on top. I made the next lot of icing and then covered the cake in it. I made sure there were no lumps and let the icing dry. As I went to make the icing for the finishing touches I had realised I had run out of icing sugar. Now was the perfect time to go to the shops. I picked up my bag and set off to the shops. I brought the icing sugar that I needed and then picked up mums favourite desserts: Éclairs, choux buns and some little biscuits to put in the tin. Mum would kill me if she found out I ate them all.

When I came back home I put the biscuits in there designated place and put the treats in the fridge. I made the last batch of icing and wrote 'Welcome Home Mum!' I made two little roses and placed them on the cake next to each other. I looked at the time and it was 5:55. She had landed and was going to be home in exactly five minutes. I launched myself up the stairs and cleaned myself up, making sure I didn't look a mess. I can't wait to see you mum!

_____________________________
Sorry no authors notes today x