Chapter 18 Renascence Festival of Horrors

Rapture The Awakening By: LadyDawn

2012 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 18 Renascence Festival of Horrors

*********** Winterton-on-Sea ************

Lady Samantha settled right in with the UK group once they saw she could take a joke as well as dish them right back out at them, and her magic came in handy several times with everyday things making life at the manor pleasant for all around her. Well she fell right in amongst the group the second week she was there.

Now they are to head out together on their first ever group mission. Another attack on a gathering of people out for fun and merriment at a 14th century festival put on by a large troupe of traveling Gypsies and Fay Folk who take this Renascence festival from country to country. They put on shows from the 14th century with sword fighting, music, dancing, bond fires, food, and all the other festival things they so dearly love to do. They are at the Cawdor Castle near Nairn Scotland. A beautiful old castle with a central tower built around 1458 AD by the Cawdors; it is still standing. This is where the festival is being held for authenticity with the castle as a backdrop. They even had fires burning in the windows for reality and a huge bond fire out in the field to dance around. And an open pit fire to cook over with large women in period clothing doing all the cooking. It was magical.

The report they just received states that while they were having their night time meal with dancing around the bond fire, music playing, the spectators were attacked killing somewhere between 95 to 110 people scattered out on the grassy knoll. There were so many people killed and or hurt they haven't got an accurate count yet. They just requested the Enforcers respond to the area ASAP to help out. It was a pack of extremely large wolves; Lycanthrope, as the official of the festival told our group, he seemed to be very knowledgeable about our kind using the correct terminology and all.

We packed up everything we needed for this mission into the jet, taxied out to the runway and flew off for a fifteen minute flight up to the north landing at Inverness Airport in Dalcross, Scotland. Waiting for us there were 2 dark blue SUVs for all our people and supplies for our 7.59 km ride to the castle of Cawdor. We were is awe as we pulled up to the front of the huge castle being so old and in such great shape for it's age. We were met by several people when we arrived an older gray haired man about mid 50's and a younger woman in her mid to late 30's both dressed in period clothing a knife tucked in their belt that they wore around their waist.

Stepping out to greet them we were escorted into the main hall of the castle to a large meeting room with a huge oak table and chairs so they could fill us in on what they found since we had talked this morning. It was a short meeting lasting only a few short minutes. Then they showed us where all the carnage happened starting from the treeline moving in toward the bond fire that was still smoldering. Though the bodies were mostly all gone; there were plenty of body marker and pictures for us to look at with our tablets. Emmie went straight away into sensing something familiar by the time we were at the fire from the time we left the woods.

Emmie let out a purring noise scratching at the ground, her cat wanting to come out and track the scent badly, but unable with all the police and other humans around Samantha decided to help her out with a Cat spell of her own.

“Track Em High, Track Em Low.

Let The Kitty Dare Not Show.

Powers Of The Night,

Bright Kitty Light.

No Matter Where They Hide,

She Stalks Them To Their Side.