Chapter 35

When we walked inside everyone was already there and Lydia, Alisa, Ross, and Adam were all sitting at the long table in the front of the room, some joined them. Everyone clapped and whistled and yada yada yada. Adam forced us both sit down and he clapped his hands the way teachers do to get first grader's attention. "Alright, alright everyone just your mouths for a minute. So the newly weds have arrived-"

"Lookin' good!" Red yelled from one of the tables.

"Save it Red, anyways. We planned to do speeches, then like some dancing, then food and then some games... so let's do this. Lydia I think was supposed to give the first speech. So take it away."

Lydia rose from her chair like Satan and quickly stepped up so she could be seen. "Okay, so I'd just like to say a few words. So I may not have been around as long as everyone else, but I defiantly have a few things to say. Like how happy I am for you guys. I have been shipping you since day one and it's just flipping awesome to see you guys married, so congratulations!"

"Aw, thank you!" I laughed. She gave me a thumbs up and sat down, then Ross stood up on his chair and rubbed his hands together.

"Congratulations you two! First of I just want to say, if you have a boy, name him Ross. Second, I wanted to say that I'm very happy for you two and I hope I can find the same happiness with someone too."

"Thanks pal," Max smiled.

"Okay, so I actually wrote some things down," Adam announced as he stood up on his chair. "But you guys told me to avoid some certain topics, due to the younger cousins, so..." He dropped all of his note cards, except one. "Further a due I just want to say congratulations, and I hope you two will... Max I can't read your handwriting here... Blah, blah, blah, Merry Christmas... wait..."

Several people snickered and I could tell the Alisa was embarrassed. She stood up. "Okay so I just want to say that I have known (Y/N) for almost three years, maybe four, but she's always been such a good friend and she never seemed to be into anyone until Max showed up and he made her happy in a way I couldn't. She's my best friend and I was scared to share her with you, but when I saw how much you meant to her I couldn't help, but hope this day would come. Congratulations."

Everyone clapped started talking, Adam tried to get their attention, by clapping and yelling, but no one seemed to listen. "I got this!" Lydia yelled.

She jumped up and sang a really high note in opera, everyone turned to her and the next thing you know the glass in front of her shattered, then every glass after that, followed by the windows. She stopped, taking a breath. Adam jumped up, "I WANT TO TRY!"

He sang a really low note and the building began to shake at the force of his singing. "F-ING EARTHQUAKE!" Barney yelled. Max punched Adam and he stopped. "Thank you, by God!"

"START THE DANCING!" Jess yelled from her table with Jason. The Dj pressed play and the song Yellow by Coldplay began to play. Max dragged me out onto the dance floor and brought me into a slow dance. I laughed at his awkward grin and rested my chin on his shoulder.

"You're a terrible dancer." I commented.

"No I'm not."

"You stepped on my foot like nine times already."

"...I did that on purpose."

"Sure you did," he rolled his eyes and I quickly kissed his cheek. After the song ended my dad swept in and whisked me away from Max, while he went and danced with his mom.

"So you and Max..." He grinned.

"Yes. Strange isn't it. We were friends for the longest time... now we're here."

"Well he's not just your best friend now... he's you partner for life."

"I love him so much."

"I can see it when you look at him, how much you love him. It's quite heart warming."

"That's good." The song ended and Ross and Lydia swept into the dance floor, with some version of a waltz or tango, it was hard to tell, because at one point they seemed to be breakdancing as well. Adam and Alisa joined them and Max and I joined soon after, both of our parents were dancing as well, but it was fun. A few of our younger cousins came to dance with us and they were so adorable.

After about a half our of dancing we decided to have dinner, which went by quite fast, there were a couple kisses I might add, not only from Max and I, but other couples too.

"Will you two cut the cake already?" Adam groaned. "I need sugar."

"Okay!" I laughed, grabbing Max's hand and walking towards out traditional, white cake. Max handed me the knife and wrapped his arms around mine and we cut the cake, placing it on a plate. He went to grab a fork when I shoved the plate into his face. As he whipped the cream off his eyes he pulled me into a very messy kiss.

Ross laughed really loud until Max shoved a piece of cake in his face too, then it pretty much became a full on cake war. Afterwards we abandoned the games, everyone was tired and we decided to go, except Max and I were heading to the Virgin Island for a two week honey moon.

We said our goodbyes to our parents, then to our friends, who all made several inappropriate comments about the honey moon.

We went home to clean up, Max making quite a few seductive comments, and hand actions before I was finished getting the cake off my face, then we got on our one way flight to the islands.