Chapter 27

We walked back to the hotel room, I was freezing from the water evaporating. Max wrapped his arm around me, I smiled to him. We were going to meet everyone for dinner then turn in for the night. We walked into the room and I grabbed a towel from the bathroom and started to dry off my hair and then wrapped the towel around my shoulders tightly. Max was laying on one of the beds and I laid down next to him and curled up close to him. He draped his arms across me and I smiled. "We should probably get ready for dinner." I mumbled.

"We don't have to go." He replied with closed eyes. I looked at him as he looked at me, opening his eyes slightly. "What?"

"Of course we have to go!" I exclaimed, sitting up. Max propped himself up on his elbows and blinked a few times then grinned.

"Why's that?" He asked. I felt my face heat up. To be honest I was actually trying to stall our current plans because as the time drew closer I realized how nervous I actually was.

"Because they're our friends!"

"Coworkers. I don't have friends."

"Oh, hush up! I know you and Ross have a bromance thing going on!" He shrugged.

"Possible, but no. What's the big deal about this dinner anyway? It's not like we haven't been to dinner with all of them before."

"Y-Yeah, but-"

"Is there something you want to tell me?" He joked. I wrapped the towel tighter around me.

"No." I sighed. "I just... Adam's always been like my big, stubborn brother." I mumbled.

"Well if it means that much to you we'll go."

"R-Really!?" I asked, feeling a weight being lifted off of my chest.

"Of course. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you." I smiled as he pulled me into a tight hug. "Wait where are we going?"

"We're going to a karaoke bar." Max smirked.

"Oh, I hate you a little bit right now." He laughed.

"Adam wanted to have a sing off with you."

"Well that child is going to lose!" I laughed jumping up from the bed to get changed. We were meeting up in a little bit anyway.

I ended up wearing black skinny jeans with a white, see through, muscle tee. I slipped on my black heeled boots and styled my hair to match the look. Max was wearing a white shirt with a red flannel and his favorite jeans. He looked at me with wide eyes as I grabbed my purse. "Ready?" I asked.

"Yep." He nodded. He took my hand and we walked out of the hotel room and down the hall we saw Adam and Alesa coming out too. Adam ran up to me and threw me over his shoulder and started running.

"Gah! Adam let me go!"

"Let's go sis!"

"Adam! I'm not your sister!" I replied hitting his back. I looked up and saw Max and Alesa laughing their butts off. I sighed and dangled for a while until we ran outside.

"Hey Adams!" I heard Barney yell.

"Gah! Barney help me!" I yelled. He ran over and grabbed my arms and pulled me off of Adam's shoulder and I scrapped my knees open on the asphalt.

"Oh! Sorry!" Barney exclaimed. I winced a bit, there was blood, but I had been through worse. I stood up and pulled the bandanas that I stole from Red and tied them around my knees.

"I'll be fine." I shrugged.

"Tough chick!" Adam joked. I glared at him and punched his arm.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"You're not sorry!" I exclaimed.

"True... Also at the bar no one else will be singing except us."

"Say what?" I asked.

"Yep." He smiled confidently.

"What is this a riff off thing?" I asked.

"God no, I could never be successful at that!"

"So it's whoever likes one of us better?"

"Yes." I cracked my knuckles, grinning.

"Then get ready to get your butt kick child!" I laughed.

"I'm pretty sure I'll win." I smirked, shaking my head.

"You're going to be the loser! And when you lose I'm going to make you eat pig feet!"

"Wow... Really?"

"Yeah it's a competition. Why wouldn't there be consequences?"

"Fine, but when I win you'll have to let me duck tape you to a chair and cut your hair." He laughed.

"How about this loser gets a hair cut and eats a pig foot, winner gets the satisfaction of taking over the other persons channel for a day?"

"Deal!" He exclaimed, shaking my hand. I smirked, I knew what song he was going to sing. It was so obvious. Yet no one would suspect my song. He had been singing this song for the last month. Max walked up to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey what happened to your knees?"

"I fell," I shrugged. He furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm fine."

"Well clearly, you're standing." I laughed and we got into the rental car with Ross and Lydia. I smiled at them in the back.

"So Lydia do you sing?"

"Opera." She laughed. I nodded.

"Well that one I wasn't expecting to be honest."

"I spent most of middle school acting." She shrugged. I nodded.

"Ross definitely doesn't sing."

"I could." He mumbled, looking away.

"Okay," I laughed. I smiled at Max as he rolled his eyes. "So uh..." I quickly turned on the radio to put the awkwardness to rest.

When we got to the bar Max dragged me inside. Adam was already inside along with everyone else. I walked up to Adam, crossing my arms. "Ready to lose nerd?"

"You'll be the one crying when I'm done!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"You can go first." I smirked. He pretended to crack his neck(like Hiro Hamada) and walked onto stage and took the microphone.

"Hey guys my name is Adam and me and my sister are going to be having a sing off tonight." My head dropped onto the table and everyone looked at me. "That's her."

"Oi mate!" I screamed out to everyone. (Sorry I've been doing that at school)

"Anyways we're going to be entertaining you tonight. I'm gonna be going first. At the end of the night whoever has the most applause at the end of the night wins!"

I suddenly felt a surge of energy run through me as Adam started to play the music.