1

"You have the right to remain silent. If you do say anything, what you say can be used against you in the court of law" he spoke, grabbing the silver handcuffs and placing them around my wrists, clicking them tight.

"Danny I can explain" I cried out feeling the metal click tightly around my skin.

"You have the right to consult with a lawyer and have that lawyer present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you if you so desire" he continued to speak the words of the law before pulling me close and whispering in my ear "you have a lot of explaining to do, especially to Jamie"

"Trust me, Danny, I will explain everything to everyone, and you're probably going to thank me for what I have been doing" I explained, the cold New York air hitting my face, as the dark night made the stars sparkled, the red and blue flashing lights on the police cars glowed on everyone's face, the reflections in their eyes.

"Thank you? You've been killing men, dozens of them, the worst thing; lying to my brother, he's already been heartbroken once, and now he is going to be heartbroken again" the older brother explained to me, knowing how upset Jamie would be the second time once he found out. But something clicked in my head.

"One, I didn't leave him Danny" I explained, before the car door opened and I was shoved in, Danny's facing mine "No but you will be going to prison for life, did you think about that?" he asked before slamming the car door shut.

Leaning my head against the head seat, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, turning my unnatural brunette head to the side looking at the building that stood. The building was a large apartment block, modernised, windows on every piece of wall, though some of them were only a window you could see out of and not in. The front passenger side opened revealing Danny's partner; Detective Maria Baez.

"So it was you all this time? I'm impressed, but not in a good way" she spoke out, her big lips glossy with lipstick.

"Thanks...I guess" I sighed before closing my eyes. I then opened them a few seconds after seeing a man in one of the windows on one of the floors, squinting my eyes; I noticed the man was holding a gun aiming at the car that we were all in. Widening my eyes, I leaned over. "There's a shooter aiming at the car!" I shouted. Maria frowned before leaning forward and seeing the man aiming the gun at the car. She quickly got out and grabbed her own gun and started shooting. The man was too far up and her bullets were missing. The man re-aimed and started firing at the car; I managed to quickly duck and hoped the bullets would miss. But one shot echoed and no more shots were fired. The sound of metal hitting metal stopped, but I managed to calm down. Someone then knocked on the car window where my head was at. Looking up, I saw Maria giving the thumbs up to let her know everything was okay. Sitting up slowly, I sighed, but froze still, seeing the one person I didn't want to see. Jamie. He looked at me, broken, horrified, but Frank stood beside him, look of accomplishment on his face. Looking down, Danny got into the car, slamming the car door shut and sighing.

"Look at me" he spoke slightly calm but with order "LOOK AT ME!" he shouted, making me jump, but I looked up at his angry face. Danny was the hot headed Reagan, while Jamie was the calm but easily broken one. "See my brother out there? Look at his face, look at what you have done to him, I hope every time you open your eyes you see his broken face, that's going to haunt you forever when you're rotting in jail"

"Danny...I'm not on her side but you need to be aware that behind every criminal there is a story, let's get her to the station and sit down with her" Maria suggested. Danny looked at her, raising his eyebrow before making the car move. The lights, faces and buildings past her window, usually a night drive in New York is beautiful, lights from billboards or restaurants and clubs, and faces of people having fun, but it was in reversal for me, lights from police cars, faces of horror and disgust.