16. I'm Cleaning ~Hailey~

Start from the beginning

"Hey," I placed my books inside.

"You were so close to winning you know," I didn't catch it immediately. "The game."

"Oh, yeah. You're good you know,  I rarely lose. So well done."

"Thanks. We have chemistry first, want me to walk with you?" I nod.

"Sure, let me just-"

"Hailey!" Skyler came running to me. She engulfed me into a hug. "Oh, you poor child! Don't worry Sky is here now. After school, you. Me. Ice-cream and chick flicks! I can't believe what happened, it happened too quickly. I didn't think that would happen. It scared me, well you scared me. You were friends yesterday and now... I'm talking too much. Anyway, let's get you to class." I smiled.

"High Sky. Get it, get it?" I said. You know that awkward moment when you try to change the subject? Yeah, that's what happened.

"Good one," she said smiling. "Oh hey Mase, did I- did I interrupt something?" We both shook our heads. Her phone rang. "Sorry..." she said answering the phone. "Hey... okay, I'm on my way." She hung up. "Sorry guys Jen needs me."

"It's fine," I said closing my bag.

"I'll come to get you after school!" She said running down the halls. Skyler, she's just... crazool. Crazy cool. Bubbly but so nice.

"Is she always so chatty?" I said while closing my locker. I must say she's also a very good friend.

"Yeah, but you have to learn how to bear with her if she's in your face 24-7."

"She isn't that bad is she?" He shook his head.

"You don't have to share a house with her, do you?" I shook my head. Wait, what?

"You guys- you're- what?!"

"I know, we look nothing alike."

"Are you two twins?" He nods. They're total opposites. Blond, brown. Blue, green. Extrovert, introvert. "That's so cool!" He smiles.

"If you say so," we stepped inside the classroom. It does make sense that they are siblings because Miles told me that there were two new kids. "So I was wondering-"

"Morning children," this is the second time this teacher interrupts our conversation. "Get out your books I have an assignment for you guys to complete." She kept on talking, but I wasn't really listening. I stared- yes stared- at Mason.

I didn't even realize he was so attractive. Yes, at first I thought that he was good-looking, but there is more than what meets the eye. Those green eyes. Ugh! You can so easily get lost in them and he's- stop it, Hailey! He's staring now too.

I quickly looked down at my books, embarrassed. I was totally checking him out. I feel so stupid. I'm sure I look like a tomato now. "-Hailey, you should pour the green fluid inside now." I only snapped out of it as soon as he said my name.

So that's why his lips were moving and he was looking at me, he was actually talking to me. I was supposed to listen, not stare. "Oh, sorry." I almost knocked down the stuff when he caught it. "Uh-uh sorry again."

"It's fine," Hailey look at his face, not his outstretched arm, showing his veins. He poured it inside and it starts bubbling.

"Is it suppose to do that?" I ask.

"Wait, which one did you hand me?" I shrug. "Uh oh." He said grabbing my arms and shoving us under the table. Did I hand him the green one? It was right next to the blue one.

We both looked shocked and then we started laughing. "D-did you see that!" I said between laughs. He nods.

"Y-yeah of course I did, I don't think that should've happen-"