“It’s a family tradition.” Logan said, but out of anger, his wife ignored his talk.

“Your father purposely brought Julia into your life to test you and Claire. I don’t know if that woman truly has changed, but your father says so. You and I know that we can never tell if he’s telling the truth or not.”

Logan chuckled at Ava’s comment.

“From what I’ve seen, it seems your father has succeeded. But if you and Claire truly are torn apart from just this…then can you really last long later in life? Maybe this is too extreme since you and Claire haven’t nearly known each other long enough for your relationship to be tested.” Again, Ava glared at her husband. “But it’s already started…and I’m scared for you. I really am.”

Ava brushed aside her son’s hair from his forehead as she stared at his face. “I like Claire, Heath. But do you like her too? If you do, then hurry and wake up to right your wrong before she slips away.”

Of course, like Logan expected, Heath didn’t react at all. In fact, he was sure that Heath hadn’t heard a single word his wife said. If he did, he would’ve probably awoken from his coma out of sheer willpower with fury that would overturn hell. If he knew that Logan had indeed been pulling the strings recently, he wouldn’t just calmly lie still.

“You’re not going to repeat all of that when he’s awake, are you?” Logan asked his wife curiously.

She didn’t turn to look at him as she spoke. “I’m going to tell him every single detail about your plot. Claire too. They deserve to know that a senile old man is trying to ruin their relationship.”

“Why not tell Claire right now, then?”

“If I did, their relationship would definitely crumble. I’m not going to allow that to happen.”

Logan leaned his chin against his fist and stared at his wife with glowing eyes. Ava would never admit it, but she was just as mischievous and scheming as he was. Just as he was testing Heath and Claire’s relationship, she was doing her best to secretly push them together.

After all, the one who had suggested Heath to take over Bishop Lodgings was not Logan, but Ava. She had her own plot since the beginning. He just decided to add a little more spice and fun to it.

“Well, we’ll just have to see where this leads their relationship, won’t we?” Logan said.

Ava muttered to herself, “First, I have to figure out who exactly this Clarissa girl is.”

As she drowned herself in her own thoughts, a crease formed between her brows and Logan smile lazily at her expression. There was no point in her thinking so hard. He already knew that Ava wouldn’t be able to find out who Clarissa was. After all, she wasn’t an easy person to find.

>>>>><<<<<