Chapter 14: You're 102

Louis wakes up to a boy crawling on top of him.

            That’s not a bad way to wake up, necessarily; crawling boys can be good, great even, especially when one is sleepy and half naked. This boy, however, smells like tortilla chips and is currently smacking him in the face. It somewhat ruins the sexiness of the moment.

            “What,” grumbles Louis, and rolls over to bury his face in the pillow.

            “I’m back,” trills Niall in his ear, and fists one hand in the back of his hair, tugging his head away from the bed. “Did you miss me?”

            Louis drags his eyes open for a second, enough to take in Niall’s beaming face. “No,” he says, and squirms his way back into the sanctuary of his drool-smeared pillow.

            Niall, undeterred, pulls him back up again. “No, no, Louis. Time to wake up. Rise and shine.” He tumbles off the bed and trots over to the wall, flicking the light on before crossing the room to fling to curtains open wide. Louis lets out a half-strangled screech and buries his head under the covers. “Wakey wakey!”

            “Go away,” says Louis into a mouthful of bed sheet, and is once again dragged upwards by Niall. “God, can’t you just go back to jail or something?”

            “Nah,” says Niall cheerily. “I think they already gave my cell away to some other bloke. Manslaughter or something. Now stop complaining, we have a cake to bake.”

            He throws open the door and disappears down the hallway, humming loudly. Louis hears him bang and bump his way into the kitchen, and the sound of something large and glass shattering echoes down the hallway for a few seconds before utter silence fills the apartment.

            “A cake?” says Louis into the quiet of his bedroom.

            When Louis trails into the kitchen a few minutes later, he finds Liam Payne at his stove, wearing a blue apron and a red baseball cap.

            “I’m confused,” says Louis.

            Liam looks up. “Oh! Hi, Louis!” He crosses the room to kiss Louis on the cheek, one hand still holding a spatula. It feels very domestic. Louis starts to itch. “How are you?”

            “I’m good,” says Louis, and pauses. “Shit, is it really seven? AM?”

            Liam shrugs. “Yeah?”

            “I’m terrible,” amends Louis, and looks across the kitchen to where Niall is sitting on the burnt half of the counter, drinking a can of beer. “What the hell are you guys doing? How do you keep getting in here, anyway?”

            “I have a key,” says Liam.

            “So do I,” says Niall.

            Louis blinks. “I never gave you any keys.”

            “No, Amy took yours while you were sleeping a week or two ago and made copies of it,” says Niall cheerily. “I think she’s selling them online for five bucks a pop.”

            Louis frowns. Amy. Amy. He really should write that down or something. “Your girlfriend isn’t a very good houseguest.”

            Niall takes a gulp of beer and beams. “I know. Isn’t she fantastic?”

            Zayn wanders in, carrying a vase of flowers, a trio of heart-shaped balloons bumping along behind him. “Hey.”

Just Me You And This Box Of Matchesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें