Closer Than She Thought

Brianna woke up to a loud morning with Michael snoring and her head soon starting to hurt. Ray was already up and reading while Gavin had been getting breakfast. "You sleep good, Bri?" Ray asked seeing Brianna sit up in bed while rubbing her head. "Great, lad." She said sarcastically and he chuckled. "Word's gotten around that you and the High King made an appearance with eachother last night." He said smirking and Brianna immediately shot up and her eyes widened. "What?!" She almost yelled and he shrugged. "Word spreads quickly around here." Michael said now awake by that time with a small grin on his face. 

"Rise and shine boys- and girl!" Christina soon came down the hallway yelling while Jason was behind her chuckling and rolling his eyes every once and a while. Brianna soon got her armor on once the two men were out of the room then made her way out into the dining room. "So you know what to do, then." Jayden was talking to EJ who had nodded. "Ah, just the woman I was expecting." He said smiling a bit before walking over. "You were waiting for me?" Brianna asked smirking and crossed her arms while Jayden chuckled. "Maybe." He said and EJ walked over. "We need to find the High Kings Crown before the Imperials do." he said interrupting their conversation. "Alright, let's do it." Brianna said shrugging. "Jumping right in, eh?" Gavin said chuckling as he walked up beside her. "And we're going with you." Christina said walking over with Jason beside her.

"I never agreed to-" "I'm going, your majesty." Christina said smirking and Jason nodded. "We're going." He said. "Ha! One of the guards caught you two making out in an alley way last night!" Gavin exclaimed and Christina's cheeks immediately went red and Jason growled, soon making the man shut up. "Well, what are we waiting for, let's go." 

-Time Skip-

"Are you sure you're wanting to go, Jay? I mean, you are the High King, after all." Brianna said smirking as she walked beside Jayden to the burial crypt where the crown seemed to lie. "What? The High King can't have a bit of fun?" Jayden asked chuckling and Brianna smiled and shrugged before snickering seeing Jason and Christina holding hands as they walked down the path. "I knew they would get together one day." Brianna whispered and Jayden nodded. "We all did, Brianna." He said chuckling before reaching a large broken down old building of some sort. "Woah..." Brianna whispered and Jayden just shrugged before going inside. "Do not let the Imperials get to the crown, I know some of those Imperials might be your old friends; but they are the enemy now, and they will do everything in their power to stop us." EJ said and soon they all nodded before making their way inside.

-Notha Time Skip-

Brianna was now being carried back to camp after they had gotten the crown, she had been stabbed in the gut by a man known to Jayden as, Jack Frost. "It can't be that bad." Christina said rushing up behind EJ who was carrying the unconscious young woman while Jayden was back with the other men at camp at the moment. "What happened?!" Jayden soon yelled and ran over seeing Brianna. "She was stabbed-" "By Jack Frost." Michael growled cutting Jason off while he crossed his arms and nodded. "Well don't just stand there, get her a fucking healer!" Jayden said and EJ immediately nodded before going off, seeing the High King's eyes flash yellow. 

"Am I...dead?" Brianna mumbled after being healed and regaining consciousness once more. "Is she alright?" Christina could be heard outside of the tent talking to a healer. "She may take a while to recover, but she is okay." The female healer said and Christina nodded before walking off...then she could hear someone walk into the tent. "How are you feeling?" It was Jayden, he hadn't slept for five hours because he'd been so worried about the young girl. "I'm fine, Jay." Brianna said smiling a bit as Jayden smiled and sat beside her. "The man who stabbed me...you know him?" She whispered and he sighed and nodded. "Sadly, yes. He's my cousin's abusive ex boyfriend who raped and got her pregnant. Michael is still furious about the whole thing." He mumbled sighing. "Yeah, I know a thing or two about abusive relationships..." Brianna whispered and Jayden immediately spun his head toward her. "You were...?" He whispered and she nodded and smiled sadly. 

"His name was Kaleb, he's extremely bipolar and I didn't know it at first...he did everything he could to make my life a living Hell. He raped me, I got pregnant...he killed the child. Nothing more to be said." She whispered with tears in her eyes before Jayden took her hand. "Whoever this Kaleb is, he will pay for what he's done, I swear it." He growled and she chuckled. "Thanks, lad." She whispered. "Have you ever loved someone before...?" She asked quietly and he sighed and looked at the ground, not speaking for a long time. "Yes." Was all he said before looking at the tent walls. "You remind me of her a lot, that's why I'm so... 'friendly' with you, I guess is a good way to put it." He mumbled chuckling slightly before looking back at Brianna who had a small smile on her face.

"Her name was Pyrrha, she was supposed to become the Fall Maiden, but because she was the kindest girl I had ever met...she handed it over to my cousin, Kelly. A woman named Cinder led these horrible creatures called Grimm to attack... Cinder killed her in cold blood...she never came back..." Jayden whispered with tears in his eyes as Brianna weakly sat up and put a hand on her shoulder. "Jayden...I'm so sorry." She whispered and he looked at her and she wiped his tears away while he chuckled sadly. "I'm a big boy, I'm..sort of over it." He whispered. "Thank you for listening...it means a lot." He whispered and Brianna smiled a bit...then she noticed how close the two really had been, only a couple of inches away from eachother. Then something unexpected happened...

He kissed her.