lunch

Gumi's POV

Why?
Why does this always happen to me..?

I slide open the door to an empty room. I go in and shut the door behind me. It's dark and cold.

Lunch is going to end soon. It'll be troublesome if I come back to class with red puffy eyes. I'll cause a disturbance. And I hate having to tell others that I've been crying. Especially if it's none of their business.

Still.

Why couldn't they have talked about something else? Just...why? When I was right there. I was so stupid to think that my feelings were mutual! I should've seen it coming. The way he looks at Miku is different from the way he looks at me. He thinks of me as a friend rather than a girlfriend. Should I be mad? Angry? Because I was rejected?...or should I feel relieved that I've finally seen how he really feels? Instead of being lead on for weeks. Getting the wrong idea Everytime he smiles a me. Yeah, I...I should be happy. I shouldn't cry because of what happened I should smile because it passed. Lives goes on. And...so should I. Heartbreak doesn't last forever.

Sigh.

"Lunch is almost over." I tell myself. My stomach grumbles because I've not eaten anything. I guess I'll grab a quick snack to go.

I wipe my cheeks and breath in and out. I slide the door back open and leave.

This'll pass. Just give it time.

Len's POV

I run up the stairs and watch my step. I check in every classroom, Miku is not in a single one of them. Is she on the roof? Did she leave school? Or... Is she in the nurse's office? I....should check the roof first.

My calves throb from running too much. I probably shouldn't have ran if I didn't eat anything. Ugh! This sucks--

"Ah." My heart skips a beat. Miku's hair gracefully blows in the wind. She just stares at the sky. Blue and calm. Not a cloud in sight. She digs in her skirt pocket and takes out her phone. She seems to be texting someone. I hide behind the door as she glances around to see if anyone is here. I quietly slide open the door to the roof. Making sure she doesn't here me come out. I walk up behind her but not too close.

 I walk up behind her but not too close

"So pretty..." She whispers to herself. Enchanted by the way the shades of blue so perfectly mix together.

 Enchanted by the way the shades of blue so perfectly mix together

Another gust of winds blows by. This one is a bit stronger than the last. The school bell rings, signaling that lunch has ended. But Miku doesn't notice. As if she's blocked out all sounds and the only things she can hear are the whispers of the breeze.

"Len..." She says my name. Differently from how she usually says it. It's more...passionate. I stretch out my hand to touch her shoulder. But she covers her cheeks with her hands.

"Ahh geez! Look at me, blushing just by saying his name. I'm so stupid." She talks to herself. I begin to blush.

I should say something. No. I...should tell her how I feel. Once and for all.

"M...Miku."

To be continued....