First Day Of School (PT. 1)

Several Months Later

Today was the first day of school, and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous. In my past life, all of my memories of school involved being isolated from my peers and not having enough time to hang out with my few friends because I was busy taking care of my parents. 

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing the school uniform with black, thigh high socks. The school uniform was very cute, as expected of an elite school that trains several idols and stars. It had a white blazer with dark purple accents and a dark purple skirt. It had the school's logo one the front in dark purple, and it was optional to opt for the bow tie or not. I chose to not, and instead pinned a dark purple bow in my long, dark brown hair. I twirled in front of the mirror one last time, and not finding anything wrong with my appearance I nodded in satisfaction. I walked out of my room, ready to face whatever school threw at me.

The school was huge. No, a better word for it would be a castle. A castle equipped with all the latest and most expensive state of the arc equipment that probably cost hundreds of millions, if not billions. My jaw was gaping as my limo pulled up the stone driveway meant for student drop off. When I got out of the car I was lost, not knowing where I should go. I saw some older girls laughing in the school uniform a little farther off, and I walked over to them. I pulled on one of their blazers until she turned around. 

"What?" she asked sounding slightly annoyed. Then she froze. Her friends who also turned around also froze when they saw me.

I tilted my head, "Um.. hello. I'm lost, and I don't know where the pre-kindergarten orientation is. Can you please point me in the right direction?"

They snapped out of their stupor, and all of a sudden there was a flurry of motion. They all surrounded me and my hackles raised, getting ready for a confrontation, but that never came.

"Oh my gosh! You are so cute! Are you a child star?!"

"She's so adorable!"

"I just want to pinch her cheeks!"

"Eeek!"

I froze, not used to the attention. The girl whom I had first asked, seeing how uncomfortable I was, immediately shushed the rest.

"Stop it guys, she needs to get to class! We can't make her late on her first day!" With that she promptly dragged me in one direction through huge double doors looking proud for some reason. We got a lot of shocked looks on the way to my classroom. We had a small conversation while walking, and she kept on "aww" ing at my answers for some reason. When we arrived at my class she told me to come and see her if I had any questions and that her name was Mira Lilliane. I felt like I have heard that name before. 

The minute I stepped into the classroom everyone seemed to go silent. Trying to not be self-conscious, I walked over to an empty seat in the back of the room. I sat down, and trying to not look awkward, I stared out the window. No one approached me, and I could see people whispering to each other. Oh no, I thought. I've only just arrived and I'm already hated. I felt like crying. This was going to be just like my past life.

"Hello?" I heard a young sweet voice ask. I immediately jerked my head up to stare at the young face before me. She flinched, but she asked, "Are you okay?" She looked concerned. For the first time I realized that I was crying. I tried to wipe my eyes with my sleeve. 

"I-I'm fine," I tried to smile. Trying for an carefree tone I asked, "Does everyone hate me?" The girl looked stunned.

"H-hate you? Why would everybody hate you?"

"Because everyone has been ignoring me and whispering behind my back," I said, confused by her reaction.

"N-no one hates you! Everyone is just watching you in awe! They were too shy to approach!" the girl exclaimed. Then she blushed from her outburst. I thought about it for a second, then I nodded.