Chp.1: The News That Will Change My Life

I'm finally uploading the first chapter..plese do leave a comment on what you think of it.. it will help me a lot.. thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can’t believe I’m hearing Dad right. I so damn *blink* (I am not really a girl comfortable with bad words but in times like this, it seems like the right thing to say) wanted to think I was just dreaming. I pinched my right cheek and it hurt! This is real then and I hate it!

Dad, Emmanuel (he’s my brother but I usually call him Emm) and I were in Dad’s study here in our London estate. This is where my family really resides and now the two boys – well I call the two of them my boys, cool huh? – are talking of which of our other estates to move to.

This house was filled with so many memories of my Mom and its just haunting us, making us never an inch to move on. But of course we wouldn’t sell the place. This place is too special. All we need is just a little break. And I’m sure Mom would understand that. It’s been almost three months and I’m still not comfortable talking about it.

I stopped my home schooling. I laid back on my career – haven’t got any public performance and appearance the whole time. I confined myself in my room and the house. I only talk with my boys – Dad and Emm, Jack – my publicist and producer, Jenna – my best friend, and Emily – our housemaid.

In the scope of three months, my world revolved around them and the memories of my Mom. I still had nightmares about that particular night. I wake up almost every night cold in sweat and screaming for my Mom. The doctor said I was traumatized. Who wouldn’t be?

I was kept back from my thoughts when Emm poked me in the arm. I glanced at the two boys and saw them looking nervously. There were pity and regret in their eyes. But I can also see and feel their sincere love and concern.

I raised my eyebrow as if to ask them why are they staring at me like that. Dad first broke the silence. He faked out a cough and started towards me.

“I know sweetheart how hard it is all for you. We all had a great loss. But what you’re doing to yourself is not healthy. You’ve never went outside of this house. You haven’t seen any of your friends....”

“That’s not true. I see Jenna once in a while.” I cut in.

“Yeah sure, Jenna comes in here and visits you. Not the other way around. And what about your other friends?”

I just shrugged. And Dad continued his little speech – about my career, social life, etc. Until I heard one very impossible thing I can’t help myself but to laugh.

“Is this some kind of a joke?

I was still laughing when I saw the boys staring at me seriously. Oh my gosh, this can’t be happening. I stopped laughing and Emm spoke up.

“Elle, we are serious about this. And we think, no, we know, this is the best option for you. You can’t move on while still here. Everywhere we go you could only remember Mom and everything that happened. We can’t let you be like this Elle. You have a good life ahead of you. Even Mom wouldn’t be happy to see you like this.”

“But she can’t Emm! She can’t see and will never be! She’s gone! She left us and she will never come back! Do you hear me Emm? My life would never be the same again now that she’s gone!”

I can’t help myself. I yelled at my brother and I cried hard. I hate this! I really do! The pain was too much. I can hardly breathe. All the memories I had with Mom and the rest of us together – perfectly happy and full of life and love – came back all to me. But those we’re only memories now. Just pigments of my thoughts.