Prologue

A Blast From The Past! (I'm so sorry)

A little girl looking about 3 years old runs out into a clearing and stops. She looks back and smiles brightly then two wolves, one grey with white paws with white tips on on its ears and the other white with black speckles in its fur. She runs back to them and hug them.

Then suddenly, there was a bang and one of the wolf is howling in pain with blood slowly spilling from its side while the other wolf took up a protective stance in front of the child and the howling wolf, growling ferociously while looking around not exactly sure where the shot came from.

Bang, another shot and with it an emergence of two people. The two wolves were now bleeding but the grey wolf still growled viciously even in its pain.

Two more shots were fired at the grey wolf and it fell as one of the shots hit its legs.

"Daddy!" the little girl screamed as she stooped and hugged her father's body. She could see he was still alive as he was breathing but he was in a lot of pain and she could see it in his eyes. Her mom was unconscious from the pain but she wasn't dead, at least not yet.

Suddenly she felt herself being lifted up into the air and then she begun flailing her body wildly which cause her to fall on the ground but she was picked back up and again and she felt a prick at her neck which was from a needle and she soon passed out.

The grey wolf looked up in grief between his wife who was unconscious and probably close to death and his daughter who was being carried away by two strangers who was not from his pack.

After about 5 minutes the pack emerged in the clearing, the pack doctor quickly went to the white wolf to check on her. "Okay, we need to get the Luna to the pack hospital quickly!" he shouted.

The Beta went up to the grey wolf and looked at him with sad eyes.

"Trackers are off looking for her Alpha, but we're afraid that we might have been too late," the Beta said with sad eyes looking about to tear up.

Then the grey wolf let out a loud howl which he was joined in by the rest of his pack. The loss of the Alpha's daughter happened that day.