chapter ten: goodbyes

song 10: all i want - Kodaline

Every once in a while Frankie would think of the night she met the drummer of 5 seconds of summer. Whether it be when she would visit her dads and go to the beach where they watched the sunrise or when she caught a glimpse of her tattoos in the mirror. He would forever be a part of her memory.

Every once in a while Ashton would think of the adventure he had taken with the girl from the diner. He would look at his cajón drum and think about his performance with the buskers. He would feel the skin on his wrist and remember the nervous look on Frankie's face when he was getting his tattoo. She was engrained in his memory and he was grateful for that.

If this was a fairy tale, this would have a happy ending. The two would eventually reconnect. Maybe Frankie would buy a ticket to one of the drummer's shows. She would stand in the front row of the crowd and Ashton would instantly see her. Or maybe Ashton would attend one of her art gallery showings. He would walk up to her with a glass of champagne in one hand and the other tucked away in his suit pocket. He would compliment her art as their eyes met and the realization of who he was to Frankie would kick in. In the end, no matter how they would meet again, they would fall in love. They would live happily ever after together.

If this were a fairy tale.

But this is not a fairy tale.

Just as they expected as they watched the sun rise over the beach, the two never reconnected. Frankie was working as an artist in New York. Ashton was traveling to world with his band. They lived two separate lives.

Thus was the end of Ashton and Frankie.