Chapter 9 - Life Goes On

Start from the beginning

Marco took a pretty quick shower and I was just procrastinating my time in the bathroom by doing my hair multiple times, or taking longer while brushing my teeth. Marco get's himself dressed and joins me in front of the sink. "It's been a while since we've stood here together." he says. "Wow, you're right. We don't get ready together enough." He looks at me and smiles. "We should more often." I smile, implying that I'd love too. I look and the mirror and continue fixing my hair for the last time. At least, until there was a purple flash and Marco fell to the floor. "Marco!" I help him up while he rubs his head. "Are you alright?" something was wrong. "yea, I- I don't really know what just happened." I help him down the stairs and grab his bag for him. He reaches out to take it from me, but I pull the bag away from him. "Nuh-uh, no way. I'm carrying your bag to school while you recover from whatever that was." Marco tries to reassure me that he's fine while we walk out the door, but realizing that he isn't convincing me of giving him the bag, he gives up. I just want to know what happened.

Toffee's PoV

I pace back and forth, waiting for word from our finest hunter. The plan was simple. Our Queen walks up to me. "Any word yet?" I answer confidently. "Not yet, but he will get it done. He has a bone or two to pick with the Butterflies..." Eclipsa looks a little nervous. "You better be right."

Some time passes, roughly 8-9 minutes. Finally, I see the hunter I sent return. However, he seems to be empty handed. "What took you so long?" Eclipsa said. "The girl returned, but everything is taken care of. I got in, got out, no trace." Eclipsa smirked. "Well done, but where is she." I look back at the hunter from Eclipsa. "She's already locked up." Eclipsa gets angry. "Locked up? Do you understand how powerful she is?" Eclipsa approaches him. However, he doesn't even break a sweat. "Yes, that's why she's in the crystal." Eclipsa's anger fades away, and now is more impressed. "Wow... Toffee where did you find him?" I walk closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "I've known him almost my whole life." I look at Eclipsa. "He's my best friend and most respected ally." Eclipsa looks at me with a sinister grin. "What is his name?" I look at him, giving him the hint to give her his name. "My Queen, my name is Aero." I look at Eclipsa. "Aero... You've done a splendid job on your first operation for the rebellion, I'd appreciate it if you assisted us not only as a respected hunter, but a captain alongside Toffee." He seems surprised, yet honored. "I greatly appreciate the offer. Thank you, my Queen." She smiles. "Please, your the best friend of my associate, call me Eclipsa." He smiles. "I also was able to witness a very interesting conversation between the Princess, and her companion..."

I knew that this would be the needed leverage to win us this rebellion.

Marco's PoV

Everything was not okay. I was in the bathroom, just fixing up my hair for school, when is saw my eyes start to fade purple. Before I had time to say anything, I saw what happened to Star's parents. A strange lizard-like creature, similar to Toffee, was latched onto the ceiling of the hallway just outside of Star's bedroom. He wasn't just latched on however, he was camouflaged. Luckily, I was able to see him because I saw him camouflage himself right before Moon walked out of Star's room. He was watching her and River talk, when he threw down some Strange object on the ground. I didn't know what it was, but it was definitely Magic. A minute or so passed, and I was very confused. This was the longest vision I ever had. At least, where I was just watching everything happen. That's when Moon and River finally walked down the hallway. There movement must have triggered the detonation. It wasn't a bomb though, because it didn't explode. I looked around to see any damage, and I didn't. I had no idea what the point of that was until I looked down the hallway, seeing the lizard-like creature was gone, along with everybody else. "What happened?" I say out loud. I see Star and I walk out of the room, confused. I don't know what type of weapon that was, or any idea where anybody went. Did it teleport them? I just want to know what happened. Next thing I know, Star has my hand helping me up. How long was I out?