Chapter 6

There were TONS of cusing words and on thing caught my eye was, THIS HORSE BELONGS AT THE SLAUGHTER BARN!

I clenched my fist and collapsed.I stared at Chandler and put my hand on his face.

I laid him on our couch and then I went to my bed and fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I came down stairs Chandler was sitting up and I walked quickly over to him and sat by him.

"Thanks,"he smiled.

"Don't thank me,"I whispered.

I kissed his cheek and skipped to the kitchen and asked, "Do ya want some breakfast?"

"What you making?"he asked.

"Waffles,"

"Sure,"he nodded.

I came over to him when I sat his plate down and then sat beside him.

We ate in silence and we walked out together and he went to the barn and Joy ran up and kissed his cheek.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and they were laughing.

I sighed loudly.

I noticed Oaks stall was clean.

I ran up to her and she was trotting in circles.I clipped the lead rope to her and lead her to the corral where I let her loose while I went to grab a saddle and bridle.She was calm the whole time while I went to get tack and while I was tacking her up.

I grabbed her reins and walked her past the jump and she halted.I tugged on the reins and she took an uneasy step and then stopped and I tugged on the reins and she walked forward past the jumps.

"Good girl,"I told her.

I walked her around them and walked her through them.

"You know what!I'll ride you,"I told her.

I stuck my foot in the stirrup and swang my leg over.I kicked her sides and cantered around the corral before kicking her sides and galloping to the jumps and sailing over both of them.

I turned my head and saw Daddy,Max,Chandler,Maddie,the two boys from last night Chase and David, along with the girls Sharon and Leah,and three more girls Elliott, Joy,and Flower.

"What?"I asked.

"Are you going to ride in the show?"Maddie asked.

I nodded.

"Darling your going to need to practice more!"exclaimed Daddy.

"Um I know that daddy,"I told him.

"Ok,"daddy replied.

I kicked Oaks sides and trotted around the corral and smiled at Chandler and he then put his hand on her middle back.She smiled at him.He pulled her long dark blond hair back and she blinked her dark,dark,ocean blue eyes.

I cantered around the corral and then galloped and sailed over the jumps.

"Good girl,"I whispered.

"I want to ride!"shouted Sharon throwing her hand in the air.

Then Leah threw her hand in the air and screamed,"No me!"

Then Joy began to kiss Chandler and Joy jumped the fence and came over to me and said,"get off,"

"What?"I asked.

"Get OFF!I want to ride her,"growled Joy.

I kicked Oaks sides and when I went to turn away from the corral she jumped the corral fence.

"Ahhh!"I exclaimed as we hit the ground.

"Andy we want to ride Oak!She's nobody's horse!"Joy shouted.

"No Oak is Abbie's horse,"daddy snapped.

I smiled and trotted Oak over to the group.

"Hey want to go on a trail?"he asked.

I reached my hand down and took my foot out of the stirrup let him put his foot in the stirrup and he swang it up.

He wrapped his arms around my waist.

I kicked Oaks sides and went to the trail which was a tiny bit dusty.

"She would do great with the show!"Chandler shouted.

"Really?"I asked.

He smiled and closed his eyes my guess to enjoy the wind in his face.

"Oaks a real good horse but no one has had the time to work with her nor get her trust,"I explained.

There was a log in the trail and I was ready to sail over it.

"Whoa!"exclaimed Chandler.

I canter back home and Chandler went to get the dun gelding Gunsmoke.

"So what's wrong with Gunsmoke?" I asked.

"He gets frightened when people touch his back,"Chandler replied.

"So when is he going back to his owner?"I asked.

"Probably when he comes and rides him,"he answered.

He trotted Gunsmoke in a circle and he showed no tension or anything he was very relaxed.

"Wow I saw him the day he came here.I thought he was just someone's wild ass horse,"I chuckled.

"Well his owner Alex Alexander said that they bought him and he set a saddle on him and he through out a giant kick and he took it off and rubbed his back and Gunsmoke kicked again,"explained Chandler.

I nodded.

Oak through her head up and I patted her neck.

I saw Maddie crying and I dismounted and asked, "can you hold her for a sec?"

I handed him the reins and ran to Maddie.

"Hey are you ok?"I asked.

"I hated seeing my sweet baby suffer,"She cried,

"Did you?"I asked.

She nodded tears pouring out of her eyes.

I hugged her letting her rub her tears on my shouldar.

"He's in a better place,"I assured her.

I rubbed her back and we walked to the concession building.

I showed them my V.I.P. card and grabbed a piece of that good,rich,choclate cake.

We ate the cake talking about the show and that she could ride Quill.

"I don't know,"She said.

I knew if my horse had to be put down it would be difficult to get a new one.

"Take your time and if people say don't grief over it and you need to go ahead,"I told her.

She nodded.

I through the plate and forks away and said, "follow me we will go to my room and we can do something fun!"

I was hoping I could cheer her up because I hated seeing her so sad.