Chapter 1

"Abbie!"shouted September.

I trotted the dapple grey mare over to the fence.

"What?"I asked touching Pepper's black mane.

September handed me a white envelope that had writing plastered on it and in the middle my name.

"Me?"I asked grabbing it.

It was from my father who left me and my mother in Washington and took my older brother Max.I was only 3 so I didn't understand what was happening and now that I'm 13 I fully understand.

"Come on if your mom was still alive she would want you to go,"September exclaimed.

"I don't know,"I shrugged.

"Think about it?"asked September flipping some of her long blond hair back.

I stared into her dark ocean blue eyes and replied,"yes,"

She stared into my dark brown eyes and touched my brown shoulder long hair.

"Now go back to riding,"She exclaimed walking away.

I kicked Pepper's sides and galloped to a flower box jump 3'0 high and sailed over it.

Pepper is my 16.2hh dapple grey Quarter Horse mare and I love her so much and that's why I don't think I'll be going to Waco,Texas to live with my dad.

"Pepper I don't know.....I love September and if I move with my dad then she'll be left alone,"I explained to Pepper.

I dismounted and grabbed the reins leading her to the cross ties and putting her dark blue halter on.

"Good girl,"I told her putting my forehead on her forehead.

She gave a soft nicker and began sniffing my hand for a mint.

"Here,"I told her taking a mint out from my back pocket and placing it under her lips and she began eating it.

"Hey,"gushed Zelda very bratty like.

She wrapped a strand of black hair around her finger and stared at me with her emerald green eyes.

"What do you want?"I asked setting the saddle on a rail.

"Pepper,"She exclaimed.

I clipped the lead rope on Pepper's halter and then asked, "what?"

"Pepper's my horse!"She bellowed.

"No she's not, I bought her,"I growled.

"Well,"She started but I pushed pasted her.

"I know how to canter so HA!"She shouted.

"I know how to gallop and jump,and do barrels,and ride bareback with jumps and I'm finishing how to do barrels bare back,"I explained.

"Um....uh......I......can....you.....,"She stutterd.

"Yeah bye,"I chuckled.

She scrunched her eye browns and stormed out of the barn.

I held in a laugh until she left, and once she left I broke out in laughter.

September walked in and asked, "What's so funny?"

"Zelda thinks she's the best rider and that Pepper is HER horse,"I laughed.

"Yeah funny.....so are you going?"asked September.

"I don't know.I'm still thinking,"I told her.

"Abbie, are you really thinking?"asked Septemeber.

"Yes!"I exclaimed but really I didn't know.

"Ok well why don't you put Pepper away and come inside put on cleaner clothes and go see Gabby?"asked September.