Chapter 17 Samantha Proves Her Worth

Start from the beginning

“Sorry to disturb you two lovebirds, but guess what? We have a new mission that just came in. You two are needed down in the office right away so we can go over the details for it. Let's go. Chop! Chop!,” Rina giggled then turned and ran off to the underground office as Sandu kissed Amalia one last time then they followed her into the office as well.

“Good afternoon Enforcers. This is the Newport Expressway management facility office. I am James the maintenance facility coordinator for the old tunnel system, that has been closed down for the last ten years now due to water inflow. We are having a problem with squatters occupying one of our old tunnels and causing all kinds of problems on either side of the water.” James told us.

“James can you elaborate a little bit on the trouble they are causing please? It will help us in determining what kind of help we can give you.” Sandu asked him. 

“Sure sure! Right, well it's like this. They are gathering in the tunnels then at night they come out howling like a bunch of wild dogs and run a muck in the towns killing off vampires and humans alike and forcing peaceful werewolves to join them deep in the tunnels. They do this every night sometime in New York others in New Jersey. There is no rime or reason to it, it is so senseless.” James told us.

“Ah Yes! We agree with you it is senseless. We will be up there by first thing in the morning where can we meet up with you?”

“I will be in my company truck an old green pickup truck with a red top that has the NETE logo on the doors. I will be sitting inside waiting for you all at around one PM if that is a good time for you? Then I can take you inside the tunnels to show you around?” James told us

“We will see you then promptly at one James” we hung up the call then carried on with the meeting to discuss the new mission. That night we made a few calls to a special friend in the government to arrange for assistance should we need it with special weapons, something we carry, but need authorization to use on our own lands during special occasions and this just may be one.

We flew out in the early morning taking only thirty minutes due to air traffic in that area. Landing we taxied to the furthest hanger used for outgoing shipments to park the jet in a remote area. We did not want to be disturbed with what we were unloading into the awaiting vehicles that were reserved there for us to use. Packing one SUV's full to the brim with T3C8 and other explosives we had our guard follow us closely behind to the entrance to the old tunnel. We had to transverse multiple barricades, roadblocks, and potholes so deep you could loose your car in them. Finally making it to the entrance to the tunnel and spotting the truck we were to meet. James stepped out to greet us with a wave of his hand.

“James nice to see you this is my group the Enforcers. Amalia, Amalie, Catarina, Ceferina and Sorin and I am Sandu the one you talked to on the phone.” Sandu introduced all of us.

“Nice to finally get to meet all of you, now let me show you all these old maps of the underground system. They will show you all the tunnels down below the water where we believe they are all hiding.” James said pulling out a huge rolled up pile of old maps of all the tunnels and bridges. Rolling them out on top of his trucks hood we took a look at them as he pointed out all the old service areas and hidden locations in between the two different old roads including the old air vent tunnel, plus a service area once used for the storage of service trucks.

“Looks like they have plenty of room to make a good hideout down there. How many would you estimate are down there?” Amalia asked James. 

“At last guess? I would say the police chased several hundred down there. They tried going in after them, but lost so many men they gave up. They even tried to smoke them out, but failed on that also, that is why we called you all in.” James told us the story and reason for our call.