My Discovery

You’re probably wondering how I discovered that I’m a Dreamweaver, so I’ll tell you, but you probably won’t believe me. It was a note. There was a scrap piece of paper taped to my bedroom door four years ago. All it said was this:

Ms. Sky Valiant,

            You are a Dreamweaver. What I mean to say is you can travel through dreams from this point onward. In these dreams, you could become stuck forever. Therefore, you must get out of each one as fast as possible, by solving whatever major conflict is taking place in that dream. The clock of time ticks and tocks a bit differently in dreams; sometimes faster and sometimes slower… it just depends on the pace of the dream. So, you must be very careful. I apologize if you have any further questions… but I will not be able to answer them.

That was it. I’m not kidding. You try telling a twelve year old that and see what they say. I, myself, was unconvinced.

I figured it was my older brother, Cameron, or maybe my best friend at that time, Tori. Most likely, they were fooling around with me. Again.

Unfortunately for me, as I’m sure you can guess, I was wrong. That night, my dreams were not my own… and my sleep was different…. You know how when you sleep, you’re peaceful and such, and when you wake up, you remember just one dream at the most? You probably don’t remember yourself falling asleep either. I do though. I notice everything. I notice the moment my eyes close. I notice every dream I go through. I notice that I’m in a dream, and for me, there isn’t much of a difference between dreams and reality. There’s plenty of danger in each.

 So, when I woke up, I resolved to skip out on bedtime for as long as I could…. It didn’t last long. At all.

After three days, I was ready to pass out from taking just one step, and my mom was growing suspicious about the location of most of her coffee.

 That night, I gave in. Since then, I’ve gone to bed late and woken up early. It really is the best I can do.

 Now, I have to go. It’s 1:00am and I need to sleep. I have a physics test tomorrow…. Should I really try to get through tonight’s dreams? That seems questionable, since I’m not sure what’s worse; physics, or being trapped in someone’s dream for the rest of eternity?

 I guess I should fight through the dreams.