Reality

My eyes snap open like two bullets being shot from a gun. I breathe in deeply, relieved that I can still complete such a feat in this world.

"Sky!"My mom yells from downstairs. "You're going to be late!"

Oh, great. I have school today. My favourite.

"Almost ready!" I yell back, even though I just woke up.

So, I start scrambling around like a wild donkey, brushing my teeth and wavy black hair, and throwing on a purple hoodie and light grey jeans. I hurry to the navy blue van, where my mother already sits in the driver's seat, tapping her fingers against the steering wheel impatiently. There is no time for breakfast.

My mom pulls out of the driveway and speeds down the road, not giving me a single glance.

"So, how'd you sleep?" I ask my mom, casually.

"Fine, you?" My mom's expression remains unyielding.

"Great!"

"Great." Her eyes roll.

We arrive at my high school five minutes later. I'm ten minutes late, as usual. So, of course, my mom gives me her classic disappointed glare and zips away, vanishing into the distance.

My locker is at the opposite end of the school, so now, I'm going to be even later. Stomping my boots loudly against the cement, I swing open the front doors and trudge inside, rubbing the snow off of my gloves.

"Sky. Office. Now."

I look up and reluctantly make eye contact with principal Harold. "Yes, Mr. Harold."

Muttering to myself, I follow Mr. Harold into his office and sit on the familiar hard metal chair in front of his desk.

"So, Ms. Valiant, I heard that you punched Kathy Pond in the face yesterday?"

Twirling a pencil laying on Mr. Harold's desk, I respond dully: "That....might be true." I squirm slightly in my seat.

"Mmm hmmm." I swear there's a hint of a smile on principal Harold's face. "So, I'll expect you in detention at lunch for the rest of the week."

"'Kay." I mumble back. Then, I sprint out the door.

I had a fairly valid reason to punch Kathy. I mean, she did tell me that I was a fat, good for nothing loser with a stupid alcoholic father and whatnot. I guess I just lost it.

Some people would never understand. Although, I doubt anyone can understand a teenage dreamweaver's problems.