Little Envelopes (Lafayette X Reader)

WARNING: I doubt I will ever have an actual warning so...this is kinda long? You've been warned.

PAIRING: Lafayette X Reader

REQUEST: sincerelyhamiltrash "Could you do a Lafayette x Reader with this one? (#333) I think it'll be cute! Thanks!"

PROMPT: #333-"Everything has been different since I fell in love with you."

Y/N sluggishly climbed out of bed and walked to the kitchen. She rubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock.

6:13 am.

She carefully poured herself a cup of coffee and sipped at it. She shuffled to the door and flipped through the mail on the ground. Ignoring the bills and junk mail, one pink envelope caught her eye. Her name was scrawled out in cursive letters on the front, but there was no return address.

Y/N curiously ripped it open and sat down to read.

Dear Y/N,

Well, two words in and this was already interesting.

One thing I love about you: You have such a way with words. Never condescending, but your speech proves you as the most intelligent person I have ever met.

Nothing else, no name, no signature. Y/N felt her face burn red and praised the lord that she was alone. Who could this be from? She went over a list of people in her head. She knew like, four people that she saw regularly, and two were her parents.

Y/N was a person that enjoyed staying inside. Alone. She had a really close friend, BF/N, but they rarely saw each other. The only other "friend" she saw frequently was Lafayette from work. They would occasionally talk when they stopped to get coffee, but interaction was limited to that.

Y/N folded up the later and carefully placed it in her sock drawer. Whoever sent it, it meant someone really liked her. She couldn't figure out if she found the whole thing rather romantic or somewhat creepy. She couldn't do anything about that now.

She got dressed and went through her day as normal. Lafayette was missing from work, so with nobody to talk to, she hurried home and spent her night watching movies and eating ramen noodles.

The next day, a zombie-like Y/N crawled out of bed and shuffled over to the table. After taking a minute to let herself wake up, she walked over to the door to check for mail. Today, there was no other mail but a bright yellow envelope. She felt her heart start to beat faster, and hurried to open the envelope and read what was inside.

Dear Y/N,

One thing I love about you: Your passion when you talk about something you like. You get super excited about it, and I find that absolutely adorable.

She stopped reading and just stared at the wall for a minute, trying to process what she just read. Someone just called her...adorable? Y/N grinned the biggest smile, and looked to see if the person signed there name. She felt a pang of disappointment, but almost relief, that there was no name at the bottom.

She put the little yellow card and envelope in her sock drawer with the pink one, and got ready for the day. Whoever sent these letters, they really, really liked her! She felt a feeling of happiness, like that warm feeling you get in your stomach when you drink tea. Y/N felt bubbly, which didn't happen often. As strange as she found these notes, she also felt a small amount of hope that the sender would leave another one tomorrow.

That day, she was pouring herself a cup of coffee when she sensed someone was standing behind her.

Y/N smiled and said, "Hi Laf! How are you today?" He smiled, but nervously drummed her fingers on the counter he was leaning on. "I'm good. And you?" "I'm fine. Just a little tired lately..." she looked at him and thought if she should bring up the letters. Oh, what the heck, it won't hurt to share it, she thought.