Tower - Eight

Daniel and Daxton step inside their house, still with smiles on their faces because they just came from leaning on their lovers under the night sky.

   Daniel walked to the kitchen, craving some bread after sitting on a hilltop for hours. He lifted the cloth from a basket revealing some bread. As he took one out and ate from it, he thought about the last nights in the hilltop.

   He loved every single moment of it. He was smiling fondly simply thinking that he has a boyfriend now who loved him wholeheartedly. He softly laughed at John's stupid antics and jokes which played over and over again in his head. He wanted it to stay like this forever, just happy, with a brother who he cared about and a boyfriend who he loved deeply. Though it didn't seem right, everything couldn't have been so perfect.

   At that moment his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door opening. He assumed this was simply his brother going out to take a walk. But he decided to check it it really was his brother. He peaked out of the kitchen and opened his mouth to call out for his brother but he was stopped and only a single thought crossed his mind at that moment.

   Everything can't be perfect.

   Daxton went upstairs to his room as his brother went into the kitchen. He walked up the stairs, still feeling Auryn's touch on his side as he leaned on him previously that night.

   He still felt like his heart was soaring everytime he saw her. She always meant the world to him, even though she was just some Shadow- No, she wasn't just some Shadow to him, she was the Shadow who took the time to be with a normal person like him. He may have been just a commoner but Auryn made him feel like he was more than just a person, she made him feel like he could do more with her by his side. He loved feeling that way. He loved being with her. He loved her.

   He smiled to himself realizing he has been standing in front of his room's door for a while now. Then he heard the door open and the stairs creeked and he quickly ran into his room, knowing that a Shadow has intruded into their house. Then while he started worrying about his brother, his door flew open and he frantically threw pillows, blankets and everything in his room, trying to hit the invisible Shadow, but he has no luck and he saw a patch being put onto him. He fell unto the floor and he barely opened his eyes to see a note being placed on his bed. Then, he blacked out.

   He opened his eyes to see he was standing on a rock in the middle of a lake of lava. He sees a narrow bridge made of stone going to a safer place of land. He stood there for a while as the lava flowed quite intimidatingly. He looked up, seeing Auryn standing on the narrow bridge, extending her hand for him to take.

   "I'm here, it's okay, I'm here" she says.

   He takes her hand and they walk carefully. His hand tightly held hers as he was extremely scared of falling. But he knew that with Auryn, he would be safe and she was safe with him. But as he thought that, they were halfway through the bridge, then a dark figure rose from the lava grabbed her and dragged her into the lava. He tried pulling her back but he was too weak. All that he could do was hear her say "DAX!!"

   Daniel said loudly at his brother woke up from being unconscious. Their attention was turned to a Cloud Runner who they slowly realized wasn't an ordinary Cloud Runner, he was a Rogue. The Rogue loudly spoke.

   "Give the crown of one of these people are gonna die"

   Dan took the time to look around. He was currently on top of a castle tower, with about 3 more commoners besides himself and Dax and they all were tied up but all were too scared to talk. Looking to his right, he could see a pathway to the tower where a knight stood but a Rogue Shadow guarded him and to his left there was another pathway where a knight and Rogue Cloud Runner stood. The knight was about to attack the Rogue but their Leader spoke again.