Library - Four

Auryn was staring at her bag, which currently had a few pieces of bread, a pencil and a notebook and a lack of patches, she sighed and looked at the doorway to the part of the cave which was hers. She decided to go and steal some materials to make patches. She was walking around, taking lefts and rights, mind flooded with thoughts about the patches and the realization that she doesn't know how to make them, she just took them from people who were giving them out. While in deep thought, took a wrong turn and ended up in someone's part of the cave. She looked around for a second, seeing all the papers and books stacked around the room.

   One particular piece of paper caught her eye, it was taped unto the wall. It was a list of how to make certain patches. Specifically, the only three patches Shadows can make. First, the typical patch to make one faint. Another for healing, mainly used for fellow Shadows. Looking closer at the list, it was obvious another part was ripped off, the final patch, one that could make someone forget whatever the Shadow who puts this patch wishes. She needed that, to make the man from yesterday forget she ever stole bread from him, but sadly she didn't have patches at the time. She just needed to know how to ma- Her thoughts were interrupted by the owner of the room walking in.

   "Hi? Are you lost?" the girl asked, she had dark wavy hair which swooped to one side, and a long sleeved sweater, like every other Shadow, except she had shorts and fish net leggings. Then she looked at her own, a scarf, long sleeves and long overalls. She frowned and then her thoughts were interrupted again by the girl clearing her throat.

   "Oh, yes, sorry I just was wandering around and then I saw this" she pointed to the the list of patches and continued "I was wondering, how to make the forgetting patch" There was an awkward silence for a bit and then Auryn spoke up. "Sorry again, I'm Auryn"

   "Hi there Auryn! I'm Raven" she smiled and walked up to the list. "The rest is somewhere, um" she fought for a bit "In a book! I may have inserted the rest of the list in a book called" she paused to look at the other books in her room "The Moons of Athens" Raven continued.

   "Thank you so much! I have to go before the day ends, so I'll see you later?" she smirked.

   "Yeah, definitely" she nodded at her and with that she left the room and actually focused on getting out the cave this time.

   At the exit, like before, she took a deep breath and went through the wall. She turned invisible and walked through the streets, passing by shops and houses until she spotted the library which was near the end of the street.

   She searched through the shelves upon shelves of books, repeating The Moons of Athens over and over again, mumbling to herself. Then she bumped into someone, who was previously readly.

   "Watch where you're go... who bumped into me? Shadow." he firmly said waving his arms around, and Auryn crouched down, and was able to get a good look of the book, it was the one she was looking for. As the boy was confused, she took the opportunity to pick up the book and go. While she stood up the boy spotted the floating book, took it from her and shouted

   "Where are you!! You no good Shadow!!!" After this remark he was scolded and told to be quiet but Auryn in the other hand, got so startled that she turned visible and stuffed her hand to get patches and remembering there are none. She looked at the boy and knew it was the same dirty blonde haired boy who wore a short poncho and glasses.

   Daxton stared at her, brown hair which was tied up into a ponytail, scarf, and a sweater. He looked at her face, and just paused he just stared, he didn't know he was but then his trance was interrupted by the girl speaking up.

   "Hi, sorry, there's something in the book that I need" she said, her voice soft and shy. He smiled as she looked at him. She's beautiful he told himself. Again, his thoughts were stopped this time by her waving her hand in front of his face.

   "Oh, yes, here" he said as he handed her the book and he felt his face heat up. She goes through the book for a while until she picks up a piece of paper.

   "Thanks" she smiled and handed him the book back to him. There was a silence for a while until Daxton spoke up.

   "My name's Daxton, you?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

   "Auryn, it was nice meeting you" she smiled again and turned invisible. Then he was left alone.

   He went to the front of the library to borrow the book and then he left. He walked to his house, confused at to what just happened, and while in deep thought he bumped into multiple people until he finally stopped thinking about it and opened the door to his house to reveal that his brother has made soup for dinner. Then he decided to that he needed to rant to someone, Daniel.

   "Daniel, I met this girl today in the library. It was weird, she was really pretty but she was a Shadow and she stole from us. I asked for her name too, Auryn" he said before taking a spoon of warm soup. He looked up to his brother who was currently laughing.

   "Sounds to me that you like her" he smirked at Daxton who frowned at his comment.

   "I don't. I do not" he said, looking down at his soup.

   "Sure" he replied, extending the word. Daxton groaned and admitted the truth.

   "Who am I kidding, I do like her, she's strong enough to be a shadow and her voice is just adorable and I am rambling I will stop" he said, in defeat. There was a pause in their conversation then Daxton looked at him and asked "How was your day?"

   "Interesting, very interesting" he laughed.