Chapter Thirty Seven

-Mari-

"Kamusta ang lakad ninyo? Teka bakit tila hindi maipinta yang mukha mo?" Tanong ni Nanay Remy nang makapasok sa kwarto ko.

"After namin magmeeting sa coordinator ay idinala niya ako sa isang amusement park." Sagot ko habang sinusuklay ang buhok ko.

"Mabuti at nang maaliw kayo at hindi maistress sa pagpaplano ng kasal." Sagot niya which made me feel irritated.

"Iyon nga po Nanay. There is no wedding! Alam ninyo na itutuloy ko pa rin ang plano. I will still make him suffer." I gritted my teeth and threw the brush on my mirror table.

"Pilitin mo nang kunin ang mana, iha. Tapos makipaghiwalay ka na para hindi na kayong nasasaktan na dalawa. Panahon na para kalimutan ang nakaraan at mamuhay nang maayos." I rolled my eyes after hearing her.

"Kung ganun kadali iyon ay dapat nakuha ko na. I asked kanina and he said AFTER the stupid wedding kaya wala akong magagawa kundi sundin siya. Ilang araw na lang at mapapasakin na ang lahat."

Walang nagawa si Nanay Remy kundi ang tumango at iniwan na ako sa kwarto. I refused going to Raphael's room because I need to make sure my plan will go smoothly.

The night of the wedding, the house will explode and I will fake my death where Raphael is the mastermind and as well as Cristela. While they suffer and rot in jail, I will be somewhere faraway.

Napangiti ako sa aking plano saka nakatulog na ng mahimbing.

Night before the wedding day...

"Madam, sure na po ba kayo sa plano ninyo? I mean no backing out?" Tanong ni Nerea mula sa labas ng banyo ng bridal suite ko.

"Do I need to repeat what I said, Nerea?" I asked irritated.

I was not able to sleep well days before the wedding nor slept with Raphael. I reasoned saying that we can be together after the wedding pero kinakain ako ng konsensya ko. Even if I show him indifference, he would always shower me with attention and love. Everytime I looked into his eyes, it was full of love and fear... fear of losing me again.

Am I changing my mind and heart?
Have I forgiven him of what he did to me and our baby?
Can we really be happy together?

"No, No, No!!!" I whispered and splashed water on my face.

"I am only experiencing wedding jitters." I chanted trying to make myself believe it was true.

Lumabas ako mula sa banyo at narinig na tumunog ang phone ko. Nagtext si Raphael if he can see me just for an hour.

"Saan ka pupunta, Mari?" Tanong ni Nanay Remy nang makita akong nakabihis at lalabas.

"Magpapahangin lang." I lied then went to the elevator.

May malapit na cafe sa hotel at medyo tago ang place kaya doon kami nagkita ni Raphael. He stood up from where he was sitting then hugged me tightly.

"I missed you my future Mrs. Montero." He said and kissed on my lips which surprised me kaya naitulak ko siya nang kaunti.

"I'm sorry. Nagulat lang ako. What brings you here?" Medyo mataray ang pagkakasalita ko kasi nakita ko ang lungkot sa mukha ni Raphael.

"I just wanted to see you before the wedding saka to give you something." He replied saka inabot sa akin ang isang Manila envelope.

I opened it then pulled out several papers and was shocked to see it was a legal contract.

Raphael has finalized transferring all the assets to my name. He gave me back my inheritance!

"Why?" I asked albeit shocked but kept myself calm.

"Matagal ko nang ginawa iyan, Mari. I love you so much that I don't want to lose you so I delayed transferring it so you'll marry me. I feel guilty for doing it to you. Please forgive me." He said and pulled my hand then kissed while his eyes were full of tears.

"You lied to me?" I whispered and he nodded.

"Please understand na ginawa ko lang iyon dahil mahal na mahal kita. I want you to know that before our wedding so you'll know how much I wanted to do right by you."

This confirms what I had been thinking all along. He used my inheritance as a bait to make me say yes to his marriage proposal.

Also, this is the answer that I was looking for.

"Thank you for telling me the truth. Go home. I'll see you in the altar tomorrow." I said emotionless and kissed his cheek with my cold lips.

Raphael looked hopeful and nodded then left as I walked towards the hotel again.

I was glad he was a man enough to tell me the truth which made me decide to spare him from rotting in jail.

The best revenge was to break his heart.

He can wait forever tomorrow but no bride will walk the aisle.

********

Author's Note

Sorry after promising to continue and making you wait for a VERY LONG TIME... I am finally finishing this story.

Hope you'll still read it until the ending.

Thank you! ❤️