Chapter 56

I couldn't go back to sleep. I didn't want to. I knew that the dream would continue, and I knew what would've happened if I hadn't woken up the way I did.

All of the stuff that was swirling around my mind stressed me out quite a bit so I got up to go downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water and saw Theo, who startled me, causing me to drop the glass. "Damn it, Theo, don't do that!" I whisper-yelled then laughed nervously as I picked up the, surprisingly, unbroken glass.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He walked towards me a little bit and I kept backing away. "You're still scared of me, aren't you?"

I hesitated, "n-no." I wasn't sure whether or not I should tell him about my dream or not. "Just a little...cautious."

A hurt look washed across his face. "Kylie," he began in a soft voice, "I promise, I'm not the same guy anymore. I'll never hurt you again, I want you to trust me."

He reached forward to grab my arm but I quickly reached back and froze as my hand was over a knife, ready to grab it. "I knew it," he mumbled. "None of you trust me."

"Theo, I-" I wanted to trust him. I wanted to say that I trusted and believed him, and actually believe my own words. But I knew I couldn't do it truthfully.

"No, it's okay." He paused, and it killed me to see the hurt look still on his face. "I've put all of you through way too much to expect you guys to trust me right away." He paused again. "At least give me a chance to show you I've changed, please."

I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded in agreement to give him another chance. "On one condition." I added.

"Anything," he replied with a desperate tone of voice.

"Don't make me regret giving you this last chance."

--

When I woke up in the morning, I saw that I was on the couch and Josh was in front of me. "Good morning, sleepyhead," he said, smiling. I smiled and sat up and he sat next to me. "Would you like to tell me what your dream was about?"

Don't do it! Then he definitely won't trust Theo! A part of myself told me. Do it! If you want him to trust you, you have to be honest with him! The other part of me said.

I thought about it for a little bit. "You have to promise you won't get upset." I paused. "It was only a dream, I know it won't actually happen."

A look of concern washed across his face. "What was it."

"Promise me you won't get mad." I said, a little more stern.

He sighed. "I promise I won't get mad."

I bit my bottom lip nervously then looked back up to meet his eyes, which were filled with worry. "Well, I had found you just lying somewhere unconscious, and..Theo had killed me." I said the last part really quickly as Josh's eyes widened and I could tell he was filled with anger so I sat on him with my legs on either side of him so he couldn't get up. "Josh, you promised."

"I know.." he sighed then mumbled, "and I'm starting to regret that I had."

"Josh, it was just a dream." I paused. "It's not like it's going to come true. I just.. I guess I'm still a little traumatized from the first time, but I'm starting to trust him again, and I think we all should. I know he's changed.."

"How can you be for sure?" I knew that Josh would never be able to fully trust and forgive Theo again.

"Because, if he hadn't, then he wouldn't have been willing to help me remember you."
---------------------------
A/N:

Oooooohhhhh. Look. It's a wee bit longer chapter. Not much. Baby steps my friends, baby steps. So. Here's my questions.

Should Josh learn to trust Theo or still not trust him as much?

Should they let Theo in the pack and him stay good or him still be evil?

Guess I only got two ooPs. But. If you have any suggestions please comment or message me them and I will try to figure out a way to work your ideas into the story!