Chapter 19

I didn't want to kill Scott.

But I also wanted to prove to Theo that I wasn't like the others.

I wasn't a fail.

Josh and I were working on my math homework and I was still getting too distracted.

"You seem really distracted," he finally started a conversation, "are you okay?" I sighed and looked down and stayed quiet. "Did he say something to you again?"

"N-no..." I lied to him because I didn't want him to get mad. He looked at me with a look that just told me he knew I was lying to him. I sighed again. "Fine... He said that he wanted me to kill Scott McCall. For good... What does he mean?" Josh just sat there and looked at me. "What?" I asked a little too harshly, then quickly apologized.

"It's okay, it's just that... Theo killed Scott before, but Scott came back."

--

After Josh finish helping me study for an upcoming math test, and finish my homework, I went to find Theo but he wasn't there.

"Hey Corey," I said as I walked into the living room.

"Hey Kylie, Theo wanted me to tell you and Josh that he needs you guys." He paused. "Something about a, blind, alpha...?"

"O-okay, thanks for l-letting me know..." I walked back upstairs to my room to tell Josh and we went to find Theo, which he was in the Dread Doctors lair.

I was a little scared.

The whole time we were talking to Theo and the alpha I stood close by Josh, almost hiding behind him.

I blocked out most of what was going on, but it caught my attention when the alpha stabbed his claws into Theo.

I was about to push him away from Theo but Josh held me back.

"If you want to take the power, you take all, or nothing." The alpha said as he took his claws out of Theo.

Theo looked at me then back to the alpha staying quiet, then he walked over to me slowly.

"Sorry Kylie..." Theo said, a hint of sincerity in his voice, as his claws came out.

He was about to stab me in the stomach but I caught his wrist as his hand was about an inch away from me.

"She's a strong one." The alpha said. "Very useful in such a small, inexperienced, pack you have."

Josh quickly pulled me away from Theo and I was a little scared.

Theo wore an apologetic expression.

Josh quickly pulled me to the house and up to his room.

"Are you hurt? Did he touch you?" He immediately started questioning me as we walking through the door.

"N-no, I'm okay..." I paused, not knowing if what I was thinking about next was the right thought. "I've made up my mind."

"On what?"

"I'm gonna kill Scott McCall."