Twenty-Three

"Cas, come on. I'm telling you, you wouldn't like it."

"But you would! Please, Dean. I want this to be fun." Dean conceded eventually, and that was how he and Cas ended up at a bar together. Dean ordered beer and Cas followed Dean's lead, having never had the occasion to drink alcohol before. Dean seemed greatly amused by Cas' first bar experience, and Cas was happy to oblige.

"I'm not particularly fond of beer, it seems," Cas said, looking distastefully at his glass.

"It grows on you," Dean said, smiling.

"I hope so," Cas said, taking another sip of his drink and making a face at it.

"How are you doing? You know, since..." Dean trailed off. Cas ducked his head.

"It's hard. He... he was all I ever had," Cas mumbled. Neither of them said anything for a second.

"Okay, this is depressing now. Let's talking about something else," Dean said.

"What?" Cas asked.

"Anything," Dean said, taking another drink of his beer. Cas thought for a second.

"Can you... can you tell me about your mom again?" He asked shyly. Dean looked up at him.

"Okay. She... her name was Mary. She was the kindest person you've ever met. I honestly don't remember that much about her. I was only four when she died. But she loved me, and I loved her. We all loved each other back then," Dean said, staring at his glass.

"What does that mean?" Cas asked.

"My dad... he didn't do so well after my mom died. We don't talk to each other anymore," Dean muttered, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"I'm sorry Dean," Cas said.

"Don't worry about it. I've got Sam anyway," Dean said.

"Sam is nice. He seems like a good brother," Cas said.

"He really is," Dean said. "But don't tell him I said that." Cas chuckled.

***

By the end of the night, Cas was quite drunk.

"You sure you shouldn't lay off the booze there, buddy?" Dean asked, an amused smile on his face.

"I'm fine," Cas giggled. "But you should loosen up some." Dean smiled slightly.

"You're cute when you're drunk," he said. "But I'm taking you home." Cas agreed and they started walking back together.

"Do you think frozen pizza would marry me?" Cas asked out of the blue halfway there. Dean looked at him like he was crazy.

"And why would you want that?" he asked.

"It's how I met you. I owe it a lot," Cas said. Dean smiled at him.

"Well forget frozen pizza, marry me instead," Dean joked. Cas looked up at him.

"Really?" he asked. Dean's smile dropped off his face.

"What? I- I mean, no, I-" he stammered, staring at Cas. Cas just  pushed Dean against the wall of the building they were walking past and kissed him, deep and passionate. Dean's eyes widened in shock and for a moment he resisted, but only for a moment. Cas closed his eyes. This was perfect. Dean was perfect.