Chapter 21~Change

Start from the beginning

My thoughts were cut off when I could sense him standing right outside of the locker I was in.

Why was he lingering? Does he know I'm here? I could hear the lock being twisted- once, twice,-

"Red!" called Via.

"Via! Where did you put my sanitation suit? I had it specifically hung up in my locker!" screeched Red.

I let out a huge breathe, I relaxed and my shoulders became less tense.

"Sir it's being cleansed right now, but we have a location on Oliver," she exclaimed.

"Where is he?"

"He's at the house."

Celeste's POV

I was immediately cut off by Oliver's lips meeting mine. The affectionate act startled me and I pushed him off with all my might.

"Don't you dare touch me ever again," I said hoarsely while pulling out the gun.

"Woah Celeste look I'm sorry," said Oliver putting up his hands.

"Stop saying sorry!" I screamed while backing up into the wall. "Don't come near me," I warned.

"To get over one addiction, you have to become addicted to something else," he said to me, brushing his hand lightly across my cheekbone. "And I'm addicted to you, you are my buffer,"

My face was hot as I flinched at the contact and pulled back.

"Oliver I want to be more than just your buffer. And you also have the addiction of being a murderer. An addiction that can't be changed."

"Of course it can be," he replied defensively.

I sighed.

"You have to either choose me or if you want to keep being a sadistic person,"

"Celeste, I think I have both of my feet firmly planted on each side of good and evil."

The two of us sat on the opposite sides of the room, yet we were still facing one another. Oliver was not taking his eyes off of me and I was staring at the floor, not wanting to meet his stare.

Hours passed and we continued to stay put. Neither of us shifted our weight to different sides or dared to move a muscle. I wonder if Oliver was scared or thought this was a joke. Because I was scared as hell.

"Can I just say something?" said Oliver breaking the loud silence.

My eyes darted over to him and I glared.

He didn't hesitate though, he cleared his throat and sat up straight.

"I know how much you hate me right now and I completely understand that Celeste. But even if you don't want to listen to me you don't have to, I'm not begging you to but I need to speak my mind freely," his voice cracked and he cleared his throat once again.

"I cannot stress enough about the fact I killed my own mother. And not just my mother but tons of other people. I did it as part as my daily routine. I've been doing this for years and years Celeste. You don't know how bad I want to stop, but it has become an addiction. I am addicted to murdering people. How sadistic does that make me sound? I'm a psychopath and I admit that. But seeing your love to your family somehow got through to me. The way you always ask them how they are doing, or giving them a hug before leaving just tugged at my heart. I've never experienced any love like that, of course Red made me get girls to kill but I never felt any feelings towards them. It was just a continuous cycle of meeting up, hooking up, and then killing them. Every damn time. Until I met you. You made something, like a light switch, turn on inside of me. Making me realize that I have hope in myself. I'm trying to discover who I really am. I feel like the bottom of the ocean, every time I go deeper I discover something new about me, and until I reach the bottom of the ocean, I will keep on discovering new treasures about myself. And eventually, if I ever do reach the bottom someday, maybe I can be a sane human."

Tears were filling in my eyes as I just heard Oliver spill out his heart. I believed him, I absolutely believed him. No doubt about it.

"And," said Oliver trying to hold back tears.

"I believe everyone has good inside of them, even my dad. I know how crazy I sound but Red has a bright light inside of him. It might not be big, it could even be a sliver of hope but I know he has it, I can see it."

I got up and wrapped my arms around Oliver. We were both sobbing in each other's arms and I was wiping his tears that were falling down his freckled cheek.

"I believe you," I said.

Red's POV

"Sir we tracked down your car and found it right here," said Via as she pointed to the blinking dot on the board.

"Is that-"

"Yes it is, why would he go there? Does he even remember that house?" asked Via while pulling up the old photo of the house.

"I thought I erased it from his mind," I grunted while pushing Via out of my way and sat in the chair.

"Pull up the cameras," I demanded.

"Red, the cameras there have been disabled for 15 years! There is no way we can enable them!" said another employee.

My face became hot and my breathing grew short.

"I hired you guys because you had the brains to work technology, now use your knowledge and get these cameras up and running god damn it!" I yelled while slamming my fist on the table.

I watched attentively as they typed in their little computers and started to hook up wires. Suddenly the camera in the kitchen became enabled.

More cords and pass codes were being imputed into the system and more rooms of the house showed up.

On the screen, more rooms of the house appeared and I was beginning to feel nostalgic. I saw the room and a memory flashed in my mind every time a new room showed up. I was becoming lost in all of the memories.

"Red!" called Via, causing me to snap out of my daydream.

"You might want to see this!"

I rushed over to her and a new room, the last room, showed up on the screen.

"Who is that?" I bellowed in horror.

"Oliver and..... a girl?" said Via keeping her voice low.

"No Via really? A girl?" I yelled while shoving a stack of papers off the table. "It's Celeste."

Staring closely at the live footage, I realized that these two were going at it. I swear this better be a part of my plan. Not his.

I was beyond pissed. Oliver is at the house.

"Red!" called out one of the guards from down the hallway.

"What now?" I snapped.

"Mark's gone."

Authors note:

Thank you all so much for 500 views!! It's been a month on wattpad and I am halfway to 1k! Thank you for reading and voting and continue to do so! If you want to follow this story ,I made an IG account @fleshthebook and I will post photos of the characters on there that fit this story. I have so much more to write, this is just the beginning of Flesh. If you have any requests for this book leave it down below in the comments. I would love to hear feedback!

S/O to my friends melissa and Kayleigh for supporting me on writing this book. :)