Chapter 8

REIMER'S POV

We all went into the living room and sat down on the couches. I sat between Aris and Ace, Ash was sitting in the chair and Blake was sitting on the love seat across from where I was sitting.

"So Blake, tell us about yourself" Ash asked. Ash had he protective face on like he's trying to figure out if he should trust Blake or not.

"Well there's not a lot about me, I have lived here all my life, I live with my friends Ian, Mika, and Minho. We like to walk around in the forest following trails and hiking up the mountains. I'm 18 years old and that's pretty much all I can think about".

Weird Blake didn't mention anything about his family, I wonder if their involved in his life.

"Do you think we can meet your friends one day?" Asked Aris.
"If you guys want to I don't see any problems with that".
"Cool when do you think we can meet them?" Aris asked.
"I'm not sure they just left for a trip, they might be back in a few days or weeks, they could be gone for a couple months for all I know" Blake responded, shrugging his shoulders.
"Why didn't you go with them?" I asked.
Blake faced me and said. " I'm not a fan of traveling I would rather stay here and walk around where I'm comfortable. Plus we don't know who could be walking around here, we don't want anyone taking anything that's ours" he responded.
That was definitely not the answer I was expecting to come out of his mouth.

All a sudden we heard a grumble noise. All heads turned to Aris who had a sheepish grin planted on his face.
"What I'm hungry ok" he stated.

Ash got up from the chair he was sitting on and turned to ace everyone.
" I'm gonna go make everyone some lunch, what do you guys want" he asked.
"Hotdogs!"
"Hamburgers!"
"Tacos!"

Ash turned to face Blake.
"Blake what would you like?"
"Ummm, I could go for some tacos" he responded.
"Yes" I said in victory.
Ash nodded his head and went into the kitchen a minute later he returned.
"So we don't have the supplies we need for tacos" he said. A frown formed on my face.
"I know a supermarket that's close by, it's cheap there too" Blake stated.
Yes tacos are back on.
"Sure, Reimer and Aris can go with you to keep you company, also so that they'll know where the store is for future purposes" Ash said.
"Sounds good" Blake replied.

We got up from where we were sitting and made our way to the car. Blake sits in the drivers seat and Aris sits in the passenger seat while I take the back.

"So do you mind if I ask about you guys?" Blake asked.
"Sure" Aris replied, " my older brothers are 19 years old and my sister an I are 17 years old. Our last name is Vega, our parents are in Hawaii for a getaway. We're all very athletic fast runners, Reimer's the fastest. That's it, nothing very exciting about us" he finished.

Aris changed our last name because we all decided it was a good idea, it's different every time, this time we decided on Vega.

I zoned out and just stared out the window. There were a whole bunch of trees that's it... just trees.

"Reimer"
"Reimer!"
"Reimer wake up!!" Someone yelled in my ear.
My fist went up and punched whoever was yelling in my ear. I opened my eyes and saw that I punched Aris right in the nose.
"That's it, that is the last time I am ever waking you up, you..you... you crazy women!" Yelled Aris.

I looked over and saw Blake trying his hardest not to laugh.

"Ok, so do you guys want to go in the store or just stay here" Blake asked while still trying not to laugh.
"I'll go with you, Aris stay in the car" I responded.
My brother didn't look to happy about that but he nodded his head in agreement.
I followed Blake into the store. The store looked like any normal grocery store, kinda like metro or something like that. The store was only a tad bit smaller but not by much.

"What do you want to get first?" Blake asked.
"Maybe the lettuce".
Blake nodded his head and started heading towards the direction the lettuce is kept.
We ended up spending about ten minutes getting the taco stuff. We were now in the lane where you get candy, Blake insisted that we need to get candy.

"Hey! Blake is that you?" Someone asked.
I looked up and saw two boys that looked like they would be in their early twenties walking up to Blake. One of the boys had brown hair and the other had blonde. They were both pretty tall.

When they were close to us I saw Blake tense up. He stood in front of me almost like he was trying to block their view of me in a protective manner.

"Oh hey" Blake said.
"Hey that's all we get, wow my man we haven't seen you in a few months" the brunette said.
"Yah, I thought you two were gonna be gone for a year or more" Said Blake.
"Well we finished our business early, they weren't that hard to handle, to track yah that felt like forever but to take down, no problemo" Brunette responded.

"Who's this" asked Blondie pointing to me. Blake tensed even more.
"This is my cousin from out of town" he responded.
"I thought your family were all gone" blondie said.
"Yah well she's the only one left and we got in touch, she'll be staying at a hotel for a bit than she has to leave because she's starting University".
"Well does the lady have a name?" Asked brunette.
"Her name?... her name is.... Sophia" Blake answered.

I looked at Blake like he grew ten heads.
"Well it was nice seeing you again  you Blake, and nice meeting you Sophia" Brunette said as he took my hand and kissed it. Blake had a frown itched on his face, weird.
Blondie just nodded and they took off.

Once they were gone I had to ask Blake a question.
"Blake"
"Mmm"
"Why did you pick the name Sophia?"
"It was the first name that came to mind" he said shrugging his shoulders. I noticed he does that a lot.
"Blake?" I asked.
"Yah"
"Um... who were those boys?" I asked.
"Umm... they are old friends, no one that big, their parents were friends with mine"
"Were?"
"Yah my parents died when I was six, I don't really remember them" he responded.
That's so sad, I couldn't help myself I wrapped my arms around his neck to give him a hug, I felt him tense but then relax and wrap his arms around my waist.
I don't know why but I feel safe whenever I'm around him even tho we just met not even and hour ago.

"You know, even tho we just meet,  you can tell us things, we won't tell anyone" I told him.
We broke apart and he nodded.
"Same thing goes for you, we should probably get going we don't want your brother to be wondering what took us so long" he said as he grabbed my hand and we went and paid for the groceries.

We walked out of the store to where we parked and saw my brother sleeping ont the passenger seat.
I looked at Blake with an evil smile and back at my brother.
Time for pay back.